• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So now, whats the best DDRII ram money can buy? :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have OCZ PC2-6400 and all what I can suggest to you is to say the hell away from these. I mean they are OK, but I have seen way better speed and timing with 5400UL and 8000UL.

we really need a thread for DDR2 screenies including FSB, Voltage, and timing along with the motherboard brand.

I've been using DDR2 for about 10 months now and have tested 3 different pairs of RAM. DDR2 typically overclocks quite well. For example with a minor bump in voltage (1.9v or 2.0v), most PC2-4200 will do DDR2-667 speed and good quality PC2-5400 will do DDR2-750 to DDR2-800. If you are going to buy good DDR2, stick with quality brands like Mushkin, OCZ, Corsair, Crucial, and/or Kingston. I've heard good things about Mushkin eXtreme Performance if you really want PC2-6400. It has a little better timings than most of the other high speed DDR2.

If you are talking in terms of absolute raw brute peformance, our Mushkin PC6400 is second to none. It is the only widely available DDR2 800 that can keep a reasonable latency of 5-3-3 as high as 1050mhz with voltage increases.

I had a pair and dearly miss them :cry:

xtatdsm to anwser your question, for pre-release testing we used Asus's P5WD2 Premium board with the latest bios at that time, which was 0412. I managed to scrape just above the 1050 mark with 2.3v and timings of 5-3-3-8.

In addition my set of RAM can go slightly above the 800mhz (815 if i recall) mark with the *very* lowtimings of 5-2-2-6 with 2.3v.

Corsair XMS2 DDR2 675 5400UL offer the best timings with 3-2-2-8

Back