• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frozencpu.com sucks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

koontz946

ok i ordered my AMD64 mounting supplies on the 23rd of august. 1-5 day fedex shipping.

today is the 2nd of sept, still dont have my supplies, so i called them up. after being put on hold for 20 mins, the guy tells me he'll call me back with my tracking number. an hour and 15 mins later, he gives me my tracking number and i check it out.

1) it wasnt shipped by fedex, it was by UPS
2) they shipped it 5 days after i ordered it, and 4 days after they said they shipped it.
3) it's due in on the 6th (another 4 days), which puts the total time from ordering - receiving at 2 weeks.

if i had known this would be such a BS vendor i would have hand-made the f****** bracket and been done with it already.

hmm......that sux....

i've only used them once....just recently too as i ordered a lian li pc-65b/vapochill ls combo.....

came rather quickly via fedex.....also ordered ceramique and some dielectric grease 2 days later and it arrived the same day.....

it always sux when you get a bum deal.....i had almost the exact same thing happen to me but it was with xoxide when i ordered my old pc-v1200b.....

Personally, I'd tell them just what you told us and see if they will do something to make it up to you.

i have order alot from frozenCPU and not had 1 single issues - just because you have one bad experience with them doesnt mean they suck - otherwise EVERY merchant in this world would suck because all merchant's make mistakes at some point.

Just so happens this time it was you.

talk to mark - he is a great guy and i am sure would get to the bottom of this - dont forget - not all employee's in a company are good workers and this likely all boils down to one single person screwing up.

Mr.Guvernment said:
not all employee's in a company are good workers and this likely all boils down to one single person screwing up.

Exactly!!!! I had a similar problem with them. I ordered a case a psu combo from them and i didn't receive a tracking number for about a week so i called them and the guy on the phone told me it was a mistake on their part and it was never shipped. So after me yelling a few choice words he told me he would ship it that day and shipping would be waived and i calmly said "umm, ok" The company is in upstate NY so i got it in 2 days. I have recently ordered parts from them with no problems at all.....

I've used them before. Had an issue with wrong color LEDs in my Sunbeam rheobus. They took care of it pretty quickly for me.

The main times I'll use them is when I need something next day. As the site says "Same Day shipping till 6PM mon-fri" which for me ends up meaning I'll get it the next day since I'm in NY. Only problem is I then pay the tax, but its still better then going to CompUSA or BestBuy, not that they would have an LCD Thermal probe, or any artic silver either ;)

I did explain this situation to "Bucky" and he told me that it wasn't their fault the item was shipped late, because it was shipped right from the Prometia warehouse. He made no comment regarding the fact that I paid for Fedex 1-5 day shipping and they shipped it via UPS slower-than-the-speed-of-smell shipping.

Mr.Guvernment said:
not all employee's in a company are good workers and this likely all boils down to one single person screwing up.

2 People ;)

The guy on the phone didn't have his act together, and the guy who shipped his order didn't either. But I agree, it was probably just his luck to get the two bad apples.

JasonDTM said:
UPS may be slow as hell, but UPS hauls *** to deliver when it arrives near you.

we'll see about that... its in baltimore, got there last night. if they wanted to they could have gotten it to me today (fedex has done baltimore - my door in a day) instead theyre projecting tuesday?

:bang head

koontz946 said:
we'll see about that... its in baltimore, got there last night. if they wanted to they could have gotten it to me today (fedex has done baltimore - my door in a day) instead theyre projecting tuesday?

:bang head

UPS doesn't do residential deliveries on Sat...as Monday is a holiday. yep...Tuesday.

I recently shipped something to a member here on the forums using UPS 2 day air... Only took em 5 days to get it there. :rolleyes:

When ever i call a company with a complaint - first thing i say before my words become abbrasive is

"this is not direct at you, i understand you are doing your job, but my words go towards those who are responsible"

and then i go off - being the head of a support department - i hear the customer's anger - bu rearely hear that

the people who answer the phones for companies get it rough cause they are the contact point and the first human recipicol for verbal abuse - so i keep my clam

but - if the person on the phone is just clueless or no help, then my anger will get directed at them and before it goes too far is when i ask for a supervisor.

i work in the CS industry (to some extent) right now... although i am more of a face-to-face worker, i have a cousin and friends who work in the call-receiving area of the company, and boy do they get it rough.

when i get to the site to do my part, however, most of the time the customer is more than happy to see me and is very thankful that i'm there - quite the different attitude.

i'm not going to call again and complain, it wont change anything, and i already know they will not get any more business from me (frozencpu.com that is). my package is already in the mail and it will get here, sometime.

if this purchase had gone a bit more smoothly on both ends (the prommie and the mounting supplies) i would probably be exstatic knowing my stuff's on the way, but currently it's more a feeling of "i can't wait to get my stuff, cause then i'll have it and this fiasco will be over," as opposed to "i can't wait to get my stuff, so i can run more stable at higher speeds and have fun doing so"

Oh well, It's your call here. I dealt with them once for my func 1030 and some AS Alumina and they shipped same day and It got to me pretty fast via USPS. But then again, I am in New York. The only downside here was I had to pay tax.

i have no need.... they charge $100 for friggin mounting supplies.... f-that. thats about 40% of what i paid for my cooler alone.

screw em

koontz946 said:
if this purchase had gone a bit more smoothly on both ends (the prommie and the mounting supplies) i would probably be exstatic knowing my stuff's on the way, but currently it's more a feeling of "i can't wait to get my stuff, cause then i'll have it and this fiasco will be over," as opposed to "i can't wait to get my stuff, so i can run more stable at higher speeds and have fun doing so"

Pfft, I've been waiting for my waterchiller since February, you don't know what patience is ;)

Also, thread title edited.

Back