• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are there any downsides to having 2 gigs of OCZ Plat Rev. 2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eightballrj

I mean overclocking(barring me getting crap sticks) also. I just need something to smooth out bf2 more. My specs for my rig are in my sig. I know how A64s have this problem, but would filling all DIMMs on my P4P800SE hurt my performance?

Thanks for your help!

Richard Jackson

vcstrike said:
isnt it worth it though for having 2 gigs?

Well for one you won't be able to OC as high as you did wit two sticks and other then that 2T will take a hit on your bandwith. For now you should be able to get by with 1GB since I have 2GB myself and the only thing I noticed was a faster load time and I was able to up the Texture to high and have all settings on max in BF2. Before that it was working just fine with 1GB so if I was you just use 1GB for now and save your money to buy 2GB 1GBx2 which will give you slightly better performance as opposed to running with 4 sticks.

2T with a Dothan? I always was under the impression that only the Athlons had the 2t problem. Am I wrong?

Richard

eightballrj said:
2T with a Dothan? I always was under the impression that only the Athlons had the 2t problem. Am I wrong?

Richard

No you're right. With Intel boards the memory controller is in the motherboard...and as it turns out these boards don't have a 1T or 2T timing option....it's always 1T :)

Back