• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this for real?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sicloan

p5wd2 overclock?

CPU = Intel 660
Motherboard = P5WD2 Premium
Memory = 2 gig PQI Turbo DDR2 667
GPU = Nvidia 6800 GT

Um yeah this was my first bench that i recorded for my overclock, i broke 8k!

overclock12to.jpg

Now i adjusted some ram timings and upped the FSB a bit and droped the divider to 1:1 and look what happened, and it was not just a 1 time thing, ive been running it over and over... anyone know why it could have this speed?
overclock26eb.jpg

Last edited:
come on... you have a nice WC system... you'll get ATLEAST 4.75 out of that chip! (don't be afraid to use 1.55v)

Hmm, anyone else have this problem?

I can boot sucessfully into windows at 320 fsb 1:1 ratio, but anything over 325 fsb windows crashes. I can get into the bios all the way up to 340 fsb so far but im not sure if thats the problem.

I changed tried upping the vcore and loosening the ram timings (which are still under spec at 325 mhz) and still no go, either it crashes when it tries to load or something else is causing it.

do i need to lock down anything else? like pci express slots? i've already locked down the pci slots, im just struggling here!

Oh yeah and windows isnt reading my overclock right. if i right click on my computer and go to properties. It says anywhere from 4-409 mhz... when cpuz reads 4486 mhz

Wow nice oc'ing so far:

I think maybe your buse(s) are getting out of sync, a quick way of checking is go to command prompt in windows and type ping 127.0.0.1, everything should be <1ms, if any other numbers appear or you get weird reply's your FSB or CPU needs more voltage.

I had similar issues and had to max out my FSB termination voltage to fix it, but then again my board uses the 945 chipset.

Dam those 660's oc like mad.

Nice work so far. The sisoft sandra scores are probably a glitch in the way the application is reading the memory controller or chipset, results, etc.

I haven't tried above 280mhz since my ram isn't capable of anything more, so I can't be of much help.

i can get my ram to ddr800 spec at 5,5,5,15 easily. Its good stuff. My problem right now is that at anything over 310 fsb im getting these division errors. ive played with the voltages but it still doesnt fix anything. Right now im just going to sit pretty on 310 fsb 4:5 ratio.

I duno much about Intels and stuff, but maybe it's the PSU holding you back? If you said volts didn't do anything, it can be affected by the PSU. Just a suggestion, because the Modstream isn't too much of a OCing PSU, it may have helped you gotten really far with speeds, but probably a Forton AX500-A or Powerstream 520W would give better results.

Could be, i might have to try a new psu soon then. I know this cpu can go farther, especially since i never go over 40 c. Plus im only using the 14x multi. if i went to 18x multi i could get alot higher speeds but my fsb wouldnt be as high.

sicloan said:
Could be, i might have to try a new psu soon then. I know this cpu can go farther, especially since i never go over 40 c. Plus im only using the 14x multi. if i went to 18x multi i could get alot higher speeds but my fsb wouldnt be as high.
Hi, I doubt you'll get much higher than you are now with an 18x multi, at least on water anyhow. I have a similar setup as yours except I run the P5AD2 Premium, though with the WD2 you might get a few MHz faster who knows. I run 18x245 FSB and get in low 6k range in Sandra mem benchmark and I'm reasonably happy as my rig is mostly for games and that's more than enough bandwidth for that. I've tried the "CPU Lock Free" feature and 14x multi but I can't get above 250 FSB to save my life, I'm of the opinion it's the board and crappy bios's that Asus continually puts out, are you listening Asus????? :mad:

Anyhow, I wanted to ask what your BIOS settings are to get your 300+ FSB, I'd like to try them on my board to see if I can get any higher than I have in the past, tnx...

Cheers,

Gov

Back