• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

newegg warranty question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chixofnix

i'm considering buying jetway product from newegg.

this is the warranty statement by newegg:

** This item is warranted through the product manufacturer only.

okay... so i go to the manufarcturer website given by newegg... here's what i find on their support pages:

Our warranty services cover all products purchased directly from JetWay Computer.

... does this mean if something goes wrong with this product that I'd be screwed?

... also, while looking through other manufactureer warranties, i found this interesting snippet:

**ANONYMOUS MANUFACTURER** is not responsible for any damage due to accident, misuse, abuse or acts of God.
... maybe this is legal jargon, but couldn't they argue anything as an act of God? :p

Acts of God, I believe, are defined in law. They are natural disasters like tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and the like.

ckj said:
Acts of God, I believe, are defined in law. They are natural disasters like tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and the like.

Ah, I was hoping that was the case...

So! Any thoughts on whether that Jetway issue is just a big runaround?

Back