• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wow FedEx..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr

I was happy to see my order of all my stuff coming from Newegg, but I look at my Lian Li v2000a's box, and I see this:
Hole.jpg

I mean seriously, to do that kind of damage to a cardboard box (pretty thick), you probably would have thrown it and hit something sharp. Luckily, the case wasn't damaged, it hit the styrofoam within the box. If it hit about 2 or 3 inches over that, it probably would have put a fat dent in the side panel, I hate FedEx ...

DHL is greater than FedEx, which is greater than UPS. Only because of the volume of boxes. I know someone close to me that works at fedex and the stories I hear when they know they are computers is downright appaling. I dont know if he is joking or not but the way some packages some I beleive it! Most problems come when they have to throw boxes onto a stack.

JT

I used to work for a company that did quite a bit of shipping daily.. (50 packages or more) and we tried fedex, ups, and dhl. We ended up sticking with fedex because we received fewer customer complaints about damaged products.
DHL was terrible. They charged us the most, and delivered the largest % damaged products.

We use DHL at work and have yet to have a damaged delivery. That said if they screw up they lose a contract with a ~800 store retail group.

I was testing out security cameras that I just picked up (No intention of recording anyone or spying) and I happened to watch a UPS worker "punt" my box onto my steps from about 4 feet away.

They really hate you when you're not looking.

craig588 said:
I was testing out security cameras that I just picked up (No intention of recording anyone or spying) and I happened to watch a UPS worker "punt" my box onto my steps from about 4 feet away.

:eek: I terribly hope you are kidding.......

Reminds me of ace ventura. After a 2 or 3 minute intro of him playing soccer with a package he has an insurance claim form all ready to go. Guy shakes it "Sounds broken" Ace: "It probably is... Sign here, here, initial here and we will get the rest of the forms out to ya." Or something like that.

JT

craig588 said:

Can you upload the video? I want to see.

mage_x said:
Can you upload the video? I want to see.

Same here. I gotta see this.

About the lian li box, im glad that your case wasnt damaged but yeah, i dont like seeing my package come all beat up.

I would like to see as well but I am assuming that by the term "testing" he wasn't actually recording what was going on and just viewing it. I would have sent it to the guys supervisor first and then released it to the local news. They just love covering stories like that on slow news days.

JT

I had the same thing happen with my Silverstone case. Nice big hole through one side. Thankfully nothing was damaged, but I was pretty upset.

Yea, I don't really understand how that kind of thing can happen on any regular basis, unless it's pure apathy and poor handling by employees.

Boxes don't bounce around THAT much during shipment.

Lol, I swear im going to apply for Fedex, and lets hope I can view some box ownage
Go for UPS...I hear their Ground guys get paid/treated a lot better than Fedex ground. Starting wage is around $18/hr here in WA state too.

iv never had any problems w/any deliveries from any company to my house!
guess im lucky..

DHL, UPS, FEDEX, they're all the same. I used to work in the loading dock of a big office building downtown manhattan doing security, and I can tell you that for sure, they do not care what kind of packages they're transporting, they're just throwing them around like it's nothing.

Makes you wonder how our mobos and such even work when we get them installed after such abuse. I remember when my lian-li arrived, they (don't recall what shipper) came within a half inch of denting its thin aluminum. Fortunately, those foam inserts they use were just wide enough to prevent it. My Fedex guy always sets my packages down carefully but our UPS guy pretty much just drops them from 3 feet or so. I've watched him and others through the window a number of times. He never fails to drop them like that, but then again, they're not his packages. What does he care. Anytime I have to use UPS and I know the component/item can't handle a tumble I rush out to grab it from his hands.

JTanczos said:
I would like to see as well but I am assuming that by the term "testing" he wasn't actually recording what was going on and just viewing it. I would have sent it to the guys supervisor first and then released it to the local news. They just love covering stories like that on slow news days.

JT

Yep, I was just watching though a monitor. I needed to check if they worked and if they could handle moving images well so I set them up to watch cars pass on the street. Now I'm going to be selling them because I'm an evil capitalist that buys abandoned stoage lockers and sells the contents.

Back