• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help on removing a overclocking protection from intel winnipeg motherboard bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KartSah

Stats:
Intel Winnipeg D845WN
Processor 1.59ghrz -> target 1.8-1.9ghrz

When i open the bios after booted my computer, it wont allow me to change clocking settings at all. All the settings related to overclocking are as "gray" color and cant be touched at all. Please help me to remove this protection so i can finally have better time while playing or doing work with my computer, and so that i can finally overclock my computer!!

(please dont tell me to buy a new motherboard & processor, because that aint possible in a short while)

I'm afraid those Intel brand motherboards don't allow overclocking, sorry. Maybe try O/C software like softFSB, but that probably won't work either.

Dang... but thanks from your help, now i know at least the horrifying truth =P

Get a model number and we might be able to match it to the Asus board that it actually is. Then you can flash with an Asus BIOS and hopefully unlock those OCing options that are being hindered. I did this with an older HP Pavillion I had and it works. Modbin might need a little looking into as well.

Add me in aim SPQQKY, i dont know how to get model number and setup the stuff, so if possible, can you help me personally for a short while spqqky, i would really appreciate it!

my aim: kartsah88
my current msn: [email protected] ( you can contact me the easiest trough msn )

Help on removing overclock protection from intel

If you would be happy at 1.8, Clockgen may work for you.
Since you probably cannot lock your agp\pci bus, a 10% overclock is probably your limit.

Back