• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will the OCZ booster help me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not likely, however, you need to answer a few questions before a more definative answer can be provided...and you need to check the Booster's compatibility chart to see if it is even an option for you. Assuming that it is...then before going further answer the following questions.

Doesn't your mobo already allow up 3.2v to the ram? Are you already giving it the full 3.2 and if so, did it help? Your timings of 2-4-4-10 in your sig would seem to indicate otherwise. If the chips in the GEIL valueram do not respond to 3.2v, then the odds are that they won't respond to 3.4v or to 3.6v. About the only chips currently in use that scale well with more than 3.2v would be Winbond based bh5 or UTT or possibly some Micron but as a general rule 3.2v would probably be enough for the Micron chips.

hmm. it does allow up to 3.2 but probably won't respond to it.

thanks for the reply. i'll probably get one on my next rig.

Back