• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

are 5400ul as great as everyone says?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xtatdsm

I got sick of my OCZ PC2-6400 gold rams, (they only run stable at it's rated speed and timing, running them at slower speed with any less timing that its rated timing was not stable at all, and running them faster than DDR800 was not stable either) anyway, I was thinking to either get 8000UL, Mushkin xp6400, or 5400UL. and I finally decided to go with 5400UL just for the fact that I can run tight timing at lower speeds, and can go easily to DRR1000 speed with relaxed timing. I know the other above mentioned brands can do the same thing, but I don't think they will get better timing than what I went for.

what you guys think?

I personally like our PC2-6400 best. It has been documented that we do infact produce the highest peforming/overclocking DDR2 on the planet.

Here is what I got on a random set I had @ 2.3v:

1030.jpg

Ive been told from Brian and those whom have bought our product that my results are on the low-end of the spectrum.

avalanche83 said:
I see. Too bad my Abit won't do that :).

Doesn't AMD's mem controller support those kinds of ratios?
This was done on a Pentium 4 seeing how it is DDR2. Btw 512 is 1024mhz

Back