• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I love my Ballistix

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

avalanche83

These things are so versital. My set does well with higher voltages. They are rated at 2.8v from the jump so you know they will need more for the overclock. My ram overclocking abilities are limited due to the fact that my mobo either has to have bios with 3.2v vdimm and no multi or bios with 2.8v vdimm and a multi. I have been using the 3.2v special and was able to get really tight timings for the bandwidth that I have seen. My options for going high on the bandwidth are limited do to the fact of 1). bad bios, and 2) not a very good mem controller. So I went for tight timings and was impressed at the results.

3.1v vdimm and CAS 2.5-2-2-6 @ 268MHz

Attachments

• 268.JPG
    268.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 125
avalanche83 said:
These things are so versital. My set does well with higher voltages. They are rated at 2.8v from the jump so you know they will need more for the overclock. My ram overclocking abilities are limited due to the fact that my mobo either has to have bios with 3.2v vdimm and no multi or bios with 2.8v vdimm and a multi. I have been using the 3.2v special and was able to get really tight timings for the bandwidth that I have seen. My options for going high on the bandwidth are limited do to the fact of 1). bad bios, and 2) not a very good mem controller. So I went for tight timings and was impressed at the results.

3.1v vdimm and CAS 2.5-2-2-6 @ 268MHz
Are you running 1T command? My motherboard doesn't like my Ballistix, as they can't run 1T even at stock settings.

RedDragonXXX said:
That's why I love Balistix they swing either way if you know what I mean :p

Anyways how stable is it?
I really haven't tested for stability on it, but I can run some benches and surf the web and everything. They seem really stable :).

KillrBuckeye said:
Are you running 1T command? My motherboard doesn't like my Ballistix, as they can't run 1T even at stock settings.
No. I have 1T off. I think I have tried 1T on it before and didn't get very far on the overclock.

That is why ur ok is so high but my UTT beats it at 3.2 volts and MUCH tighter timmings...1t to boot...but hey to each is own.

Duke

Dukemurmur said:
That is why ur ok is so high but my UTT beats it at 3.2 volts and MUCH tighter timmings...1t to boot...but hey to each is own.

Duke
Much tigher than 2.5-2-2-6? Sure... :rolleyes: BTW, the expression is "to each his own".

Dukemurmur said:

Duke
Ya. UTT hits some really tight timings, but what I was saying is these things are versatile.

Back