• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How far can I push it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WillJitsu

I am using a 1:1 ratio right now. How are you supposed to know how far you can push it before you need to start using dividers? My hardware is listed in my signature. Thanks!

Well you keep pushing FSB on 1:1 till you start getting errors in memtest or whatever program you are using for stability testing. After you get errors then its time to loosen up the timings or add more Vdimm. You just keep fine tunning the timings till it no longer takes effect then you have reached your limit and then its time to use divider.

I haven't changed any of the ram timings in the bios. I think they are being set by spd right now. I just launched up cpu-z and it says they are 3-4-4-8. Do I need to manually set those to something before I try overclocking the processor more or should I just let the bios handle it automatically? Also, what is a safe idle temp. for my processor?

Back