• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 GB --> 2 GB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arcaro

Registered
Suppose I install additional 2x512 Geil PC-500. So... 4x512... how does that affect ability to OC ? With 2x512 I'm getting FSB=240 1:1.

Your OC will go down for sure and you will be forced to run under 2T command rate, but look at the bright side you will have more virtual memory and you can always use dividers.

I'm afraid you were right... just borrowed another 2x512 Geil PC-500 from a friend of mine. Can't OC above FSB=215 1:1, which leaves me with P4 [email protected]. This is just hopeless & not acceptable at all.
Sure, I can sell my 2x512 Geil PC-500 and buy some simple set of 4x512 2.5-3-3-6 plus replace my current 2.6c with 3.2e perhaps ? While I still can because Socket 478 is coming to its end I guess. Problem is though, that 3.2e is probably the worst value for money CPU on the planet. Besides it's a Pressy and although I have the newest BIOS available, thingh might get rough - after all my mobo was designed for Northwoods only.

I've already tried 2x1 GB... Result = constant BSODs. P4C800 (and P4P800 for that matter) is picky about ram, even though the manual mentions that it does support up to 4 gigs of ram.
Besides, even if I somehow find those 'proper' 2x1 GB sticks... I'll still be stuck with my P4 2.6c because I won't be able to OC.

Back