• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

possible for timings to be too loose?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aintnospam

Will there be a point where timings that are too loose lead to instability? Right now my timings are stock (2.5-3-3-7) and I want to loosen them a bit more to give me a higher OC on the FSB.

You shouldn't drop more than 3,4,4,8. Then your RAM isn't really performing. I'm not saying you can't but there isn't really a point.

The only RAM I know that doesn't do CAS 3 is BH5. That stuff loves tight timings and voltage.

Timings you should use are very depended on what you're doing with your system. Games example gets performance boost on tighter timings compared to loosen ones. Your signature says you're also using 2T command rate, I personally would not loosen timings at all on that point, but I'd try to use lower dividers and clock CPU higher because higher CPU clock gives you more memory bandwidth overall.

I set my ram on 1:1 FSB=240 (limited by CPU) at 2.5-4-4-7 ... I'd like 2.5-3-3-7 but increasing the voltage doesn't help at all.

Back