• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg + UPS = Heaven

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

godofgorks

First off I'll say I'm not usually one that praises comanies, but this was just amazing.

Well I put an order in at the egg sunday night. Realized they now offered UPS and it was about .40 cheaper so I figured we'll give it a go and see how fast it is. Order shipped out tuesday at 4:05, being closed monday for the holiday, and was scheduled to be delivered by friday evening. The package was delived to campus at 10:54 today, which is WED. By the way, remember it was 3-day, and it came in under 19 hours!!! After classes I stopped by mail room and picked it up, all I can say is WOW.

I'll have to compare a fedex delivery to campus to see how they compare but if it's cheaper and faster/just as fast, why experiment.

at college, Penn State...

I was surprised fedex wasn't cheaper because everytime I got it shipped before it was routed through State College, and UPS was routed through Harrisburg. My 'home' address is halfway between state college and harrisburg. I moved right next to the fedex place and it's still cheaper coming from Harrisburg. Oh and BTW the order came for NJ, but about 80% of my orders have always came from there...

I thought that packages to college take a day extra b/c of the campus' mailing dept.

That's how it was my first year of college when I lived on the dorms.

I just ordered a dvd burner and the ups 3 day shipping was only $2 so I guess I'll see how long it takes. Fedex express took 4-5 days. Oh yeah, and the order shipped 1 hour after I ordered it :D

UPS is always terribly slow for me. I prefer fedex, anything I order from newegg shows up in about 2 days with fedex saver.

it all depends on where you live, UPS is only good if your are close. newegg has 2 distribution centers, one in SoCal, and the other in Jersey, so keep that in mind, and if you are more then 3 states away, just use Fedex

Ive had problems with both, fedex was a very minor incident if even considered one, but ups was bigger. UPS pretty much destroyed my logitech speakers. Fedex held my package until they said it was going to be delivered at the local facility. Which was rediculous cause they held it there for 2 days there when they could have easily delivered it. But yeah I like both, where I live. Northern Indiana, there both fairly fast.

UPS sucks for me even though there distribution center is less than 5 miles from my house. They always take the maximum time to deliver my packages. If I use next day shipping they won't drop it off till 7 or 8 at night. Fedex always delivers by 2pm and normal delivery is never more than 3 days.

"it all depends on where you live, UPS is only good if your are close. newegg has 2 distribution centers, one in SoCal, and the other in Jersey, so keep that in mind, and if you are more then 3 states away, just use Fedex"

This wasn't true for me. I live in a small town in Idaho and got everything from NewEgg UPS in 3 business days on the dot.

I like ups a lot. Ive had a lot of good experiences and fast deliveries.

hmm, but what about dhl? I havent really seen any store using dhl and personally i never had a delivery from them. Are they any good? hehe i like their trucks.

Yeah, I think DHL is the best, they just have to get up and get a major reseller (no, not ThinkGeek :p )

DHL>FedEx>USPS>UPS

Also, I live about 20 miles away from NewEggs NJ warehouse, I wish I could just pick it up...

I still think FedEx is the fastest. DHL in second. USPS in third. UPS last.

I think it's because of my location. (Souther California, Irvine, Orange County)
FedEx always gets things in 1-2 days from NewEgg.(From Pheniox it took 3 days)
DHL got me something from Utah in 5 days. (From Fry's)
UPS is still delivering something that shipped on the 8th from NJ.
USPS got me something from Pheniox in 3 days.
All this is from the last month of ordering stuff online.

shard said:
it all depends on where you live, UPS is only good if your are close. newegg has 2 distribution centers, one in SoCal, and the other in Jersey, so keep that in mind, and if you are more then 3 states away, just use Fedex

there is also one in tennesse which has most of their cases and monitors and other big things IIRC

NsOmNiA91130 said:
Yeah, I think DHL is the best, they just have to get up and get a major reseller (no, not ThinkGeek :p )

DHL>FedEx>USPS>UPS

Also, I live about 20 miles away from NewEggs NJ warehouse, I wish I could just pick it up...

Where in edison is the warehouse...cauz i live in edison and ive never seen it.

Back