• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how good is the OCZ DDR EL Titanium series

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Natsumero

Registered
I've been looking around eveywhere and it seems many people are starting to get 2GB of ram for their computer. At first I thought about getting the Corsair XMS3200 DDR400 (TWINX1024-3200XL) but people say that 2GB is fast approaching. Since the Titanium series is durable and able to run 24/7, I was wondering if its a good choice. It is quite expensive and would it be needed for the casual/hardcore gamer? If there are any other good choices from OCZ could you please recommend some? =] There aren't many high enthusiast brands here.

OCZ DDR EL Titanium PC3200 2GB (2x1G) 400Mhz 2-3-2-5

Basic System Stats :
AMD 64 x2 4400+
DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D
OCZ POWER STREAM 520W PSU

Natsumero said:
I've been looking around eveywhere and it seems many people are starting to get 2GB of ram for their computer. At first I thought about getting the Corsair XMS3200 DDR400 (TWINX1024-3200XL) but people say that 2GB is fast approaching. Since the Titanium series is durable and able to run 24/7, I was wondering if its a good choice. It is quite expensive and would it be needed for the casual/hardcore gamer? If there are any other good choices from OCZ could you please recommend some? =] There aren't many high enthusiast brands here.

OCZ DDR EL Titanium PC3200 2GB (2x1G) 400Mhz 2-3-2-5

Basic System Stats :
AMD 64 x2 4400+
DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D
OCZ POWER STREAM 520W PSU

To tell you the truth not much is known as of now about 2GB kits as regarding what chips are being used and on which PCB's. Titaniums have decent timings but that doesn't mean that they will be good clockers as in my case where I got Mushkin High Performance with same exact timings and specs and they won't clock beyond 221MHz.

Right now Balistix with Micron -5B D chips are the best 1GB sticks that you can get and they clock like crazy, other than that Mushkin Extreme Performance sticks looks promising but I have yet to see them in action.

Back