• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Unknown Device" :Intel(R) 82801FB LPC Interface Controller - 2640

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Governator

Registered
I'm only running 2 WD Raptors in a RAIDS-0 array off of the ICH6R and my Plextor PX712A off of the PATA port and have had no probs whatsoever. But now, I've been running the new Chipset INF 7.2.1.1003 set, though there are newer sets out, namely 7.2.1.1007 for example but after a fresh OS (XP SP2)install, I now have this listed in my device manager:

on Intel(R) 82801FB LPC Interface Controller - 2640

but it has no associated driver installed, and is listed as "unknown device" under the "Other devices"

Funny thing is everything seems to operate as normal and I've since "disabled" this listing but when I attempt to update or find a driver for this, it cannot find any. Does anyone know what this is supposed to be for or what device it represents? TIA,

Gov

Had the same issue. I had to roll back my bios to 0422 to solve it. I literally spent hours (2 to be exact) troubleshooting and concluded that it's a glitch. Not everyone has it either. Annoying part is that despite disabling it windows still tries loading it after each startup, prolonging the bootup process by a minute or so.

Pinky said:
Had the same issue. I had to roll back my bios to 0422 to solve it. I literally spent hours (2 to be exact) troubleshooting and concluded that it's a glitch. Not everyone has it either. Annoying part is that despite disabling it windows still tries loading it after each startup, prolonging the bootup process by a minute or so.
Thanks Pinky, I've never had this problem before until recently when I started to fool around with HDD setups, on the Si3114 and ICH6 controllers back n forth, but went back to RAID-0 on the ICH6 which totally kicks the Si3114s *** for performance. I don't however have the reboot problem you speak of where windows tries to continually reinstall the device. I've disabled it in the device mgr and have no ill consequences...

Cheers,

Gov

All you have to do is insert the ASUS support CD into the CD-ROM drive and the driver will be installed automatically, or you can also install ASUS AI Booster and that will also install the driver.
The name of the driver that gets installed is ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY and you will find it listed in the Device Manager under System Devices as soon as you insert the ASUS support CD or install ASUS AI Booster, it's up to you which method you use.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
d.chatten said:
All you have to do is insert the ASUS support CD into the CD-ROM drive and the driver will be installed automatically, or you can also install ASUS AI Booster and that will also install the driver.
The name of the driver that gets installed is ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY and you will find it listed in the Device Manager under System Devices as soon as you insert the ASUS support CD or install ASUS AI Booster, it's up to you which method you use.

Hope this helps!
:beer: to you m8, that did it! I opted for installing AIBooster though I don't use it much now, but you know, I got so set in my ways with doing many OS installs, I got a little lax and didn't really check my Device Mgr as I would do often afterwards, I hadn't realized that the AIBooster installed that driver. I'm wondering though, if AIBooster wasn't enabled in the BIOS would this still occur? Thanks again and have another :beer: on me,

Gov

Back