• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TankGuys Computer Parts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vulcan

Just got my order from TankGuys today. I ordered over the weekend and they shipped it out Tusday morning (Monday was a holiday.) I'd highly recomend them. Great service and they answered all my emails within a few minutes.

I've seen them around here as they've been active in the X2 3800+ thread in Cyber Deals. They've got a really good deal on the DFI Ultra-D and X2 4400+. If I were ordering today, it would be through them.

I still have another month for prices to drop though, but if they keep where they're at in comparison with everyone else with those two items, I'll be trying them out.

OCS911 said:
they got the best price on X2 3800+, it would be better if they can offer FREE SHIP too :)

Yea, so get on the phone with FedEx and work something out for us :) That would have been really nice, I must admit! Problem was, we were already losing $9-$10 for each 3800 as it was, so offering free shipping would have killed us. As our volume picks up though, our shipping prices should drop accordingly!

JON said:
I've seen them around here as they've been active in the X2 3800+ thread in Cyber Deals. They've got a really good deal on the DFI Ultra-D and X2 4400+. If I were ordering today, it would be through them.

I still have another month for prices to drop though, but if they keep where they're at in comparison with everyone else with those two items, I'll be trying them out.

I'll give you a nice tip:

In about 2 weeks, we're going to be doing a big DFI sale, similar to our 3800 one. We're going to be selling them at cost; so I think that will shave even another $10-$15 off the board prices. I don't have firm numbers in front of me, but it should be nice. :) Consider that my inside-information track to the folks at OCforums!

you mean X2 3800+ price will going to drop more in 2 weeks later?? great deal as it is for now I can't imagine it going to drop more but I'm sure I will have enough money for X2 3800+ in 2 weeks later

Yea, so get on the phone with FedEx and work something out for us That would have been really nice, I must admit! Problem was, we were already losing $9-$10 for each 3800 as it was, so offering free shipping would have killed us. As our volume picks up though, our shipping prices should drop accordingly!
Contact your UPS rep, they might just work something out with you. It has happen for a couple of our smaller shippers here local. Ask your driver for a sales lead and corp will contact you, usually we will beat out fedex if at all possible and the money is worth it. ;)

TankGuys said:
I'll give you a nice tip:

In about 2 weeks, we're going to be doing a big DFI sale, similar to our 3800 one. We're going to be selling them at cost; so I think that will shave even another $10-$15 off the board prices. I don't have firm numbers in front of me, but it should be nice. :) Consider that my inside-information track to the folks at OCforums!

Thanks! I'll be watching for it...might go ahead and grab that 4400+ while I'm at it too.

I seen them on the web before but was hesitant to try a new vendor as I know of some horror stories. This is great though, now that I know they're a reputable dealer I will surely give them a try very soon.

I wish you Tank guys had a bit better price on the 7800 GT. I will be picking one up pretty quick here.

mysterfix said:
I seen them on the web before but was hesitant to try a new vendor as I know of some horror stories. This is great though, now that I know they're a reputable dealer I will surely give them a try very soon.

I wish you Tank guys had a bit better price on the 7800 GT. I will be picking one up pretty quick here.

I wish we had better prices on things too.

The way we work is that we used the exact same markup formula on every product; and I will tell you the markup is slim to none. If we marked up much more, we'd be completely priced out of the market.

I'll be the first to admit our prices on a lot of things are not very good. This is because our cost to buy the products isn't very good. Sometimes I wonder how other companies (ala newegg, ZZF, etc) charge the prices they do. I understand they do huge volume, but often times thier prices are 20-30% less than my wholesale cost. It boggles the mind.

Anyway, I think we generally have nice prices on DFI boards, the X2's, Mushkin memory, and sometimes OCZ products; but it just depends what our prices are week to week. In any case, we're trying to get better prices, but that only comes with better volume, which only seems to come with better prices... kind of a vicious circle huh? :)

can't believe it was sold out and the price has went up on X2 3800+ too, anyway I will have enough money for next few days hopefully you got some more on sale soon so I can replace X2 for my San Diego Core now

OCS911 said:
can't believe it was sold out and the price has went up on X2 3800+ too, anyway I will have enough money for next few days hopefully you got some more on sale soon so I can replace X2 for my San Diego Core now

Yea, we blew through our initial stock. Once we get more in, we may lower the price back down to $360 at least; it will depend on traffic and such. At $360 we break even, so it's easier for us to do than the $350 again where we were losing money hand-over-fist :)

Back