• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the Best software to use for burning DVDS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hey_Its_Cole

I am Going to be BAcking up some DVDS soon with dvd shrink and I do not have any burning software, should I just go with nero 6.0 or 6.3. What is the best program for this?

Nero belongs in the trash. What version are they up to anyways? 742.345.45.895674^3345345198494332443.4.4.0.1.1.1.1.1100.01? Their software is buggy and crappy.

I use Shrink and CopyToDvd, I like it when sexy ladies tell me my cd is ready.

I currently use Dvd Decryptor >> DVD Shrink >> Nero and i have had ZERO problems. In fact DVD Shrink is linked to Nero so you literally just have to click on record in Shrink and it does the rest for you.

If you think Nero is buggy/bad have you tried Easy CD Creator or any of the other burning programs out there? I can guarentee you they dont compare to Nero and i should know cause i used to own them.

Dvd Decryptor - DVD Shrink - Nero 6.6 (retail) and never a problem yet with 150+ dvd copy/backups .
I strickly use Fuji 8X media (TY02) for 95% of my burns , and for less critical dvd's ,etc I use Phillips or Memorex 8X for the other 5% . Still never a problem with any of my burns (about 2-3 movies a week) .

My.02

Why even use DVD Shrink when making backups of DVDs? I just don’t see the point of making a lower quality backup. When making a 1:1 backup of a DVD you should just use DVD Decrypter since it is capable of imaging & burning. It's much simpler that way.

Usually the people that have problems with Nero have a USER.EXE error.

Sonny said:
Why even use DVD Shrink when making backups of DVDs? I just don’t see the point of making a lower quality backup. When making a 1:1 backup of a DVD you should just use DVD Decrypter since it is capable of imaging & burning. It's much simpler that way.

All depends how you copy the dvd with DVD Shrink . In most cases you'r only coping the movie itself and non of the extra crap on the dvd (including differant sound formats you may not need or want (2.1/5.1/DTS/english/spanish/french , etc) ; this then results in only about a 20% shrink on average (80% quality left) . If you keep the shrink to a 75-80% of its original , then you cant tell the differance . Anything below a 65% is slightly noticable and 50% or lower is just not very acceptable .
All the movies Ive done are shown on either a 27"/32" and mostly a 52" HD Sony . Ive done comparisons on the 52" Sony many many times , and depending on the shrinkage used and if its done correctly you can not tell the shrunk copy from the original .
I copy my dvd rentals and purchased dvd's this way and it works xint . Also keeps you from purchasing the expensive duel discs that in my opinion are still over priced and of which may never come down in price for the regular consumer .

I primarily use DVD-X Copy, makes perfect copy's! But my second choice is definitely dvd decryptor, very easy to use and pretty good quality!

Back