• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia LGA775 MSI P4N Diamond Test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

windwithme

After Nvidia stabilize their AMD empire in nF2~nF4, they launched C19 for INTEL LGA775 platform.
MSI P4N Diamond- As you see the Diamond, you know it is the MSI deluxe version.

Lets look at the shinning packing first
013ro.jpg

Deluxe has many features and accessories.

Basic cable
020hi.jpg

Bridge, Diamond Member Card, South Bridge FAN base, some detail manuals
033fs.jpg

SATA cable and special debug port
041pj.jpg

Outlook
054vy.jpg

Detail

Around IDE and DRAM
062ko.jpg

Around south bridge, 4 NV SATA RAID plus SATA chipset for extra 2 SATA RAID, also has a very convenient CMOS clear button
072oq.jpg

Dual PCI-E, SLI series
Equip with Diamond exclusive CREATIVE audio chip, the audio quality is much better than AC97, the cost is much higher as well
083ng.jpg

CPU, great components
091vh.jpg

IO, Dual LAN
103sy.jpg

Test configuration

INTEL LGA775 3.6G
MSI P4N Diamond
GSkill DDRII 512MBX2
SPARKLE 6200
Seagate Barracuda 8 400GB
TOPOWER 520W

Basic performance
3.6G DDRII800 CL3 4-4-8 PI 32M

360012ow.jpg

DDRII
360029ct.jpg

SiSoftware Sandra
360033rv.jpg

Test configuration

INTEL LGA775 3.6G
MSI P4N Diamond
GSkill DDRII 512MBX2
SPARKLE 7800GTX
Seagate Barracuda 8 400GB
TOPOWER 520W

3DMARK 2003
20037ra.jpg

3DMARK 2005
20054oh.jpg

Waiting for 3.73EE and 7800GTX SLI to do more detail performance test.
As the INTEL structure limitation, the total performance and DDRII are not as good
as expect. However, this C19 board is perfect for Intel Fans and people who is looking
for stable OC. This board also has very detail manuals, features, and OC ability - P4N Diamond

Looks good ive been wanting to do Intel SLI as I already have a very nice clocking chip but Nvidia Intel Nforce4 doesn't seem to want to overclock very well. Any idea has this does or how high it will go?

I'm jealous. I bought this board and have had nothing with problems since day 1. It is currently down right now, as I can't get it to stop BSODing off of a fresh XP Pro SP1a install. :( I'm ready to toss it and go ASUS.

Dont go the ASUS Intel-SLI route, they are even worse than what you have.. I have a P4N (Non-Diamond) and have had really good luck with it... I just installed my 830, and will post some bench's when i get it up and going....

screwtech02 said:
Dont go the ASUS Intel-SLI route, they are even worse than what you have.. I have a P4N (Non-Diamond) and have had really good luck with it... I just installed my 830, and will post some bench's when i get it up and going....

Got it up and running. Damn NForce sata raid drivers suck. We'll see what happens :p

Got my 830 D installed, board wont overclock past 980fsb, and even then i cannot find a stable memory timming... Currently running at 960fsb, with memory 3/2... Getting just under a 6000 mem score.... I hope NVIDIA lets the 955x chipset run SLI/Crossfire, cause this c-19 thing they got is pure crap.....

Back