• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows xp pro user start up problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AzNaLaN15

When I boot up all my instances load up really slow i think. I ctrl alt del and look at processes and none of the processes have a user name assigned to them

after i wait like 5 minutes then my network card goes on under user name of System

any ideas on wut went wrong?

im wondering if its a config problem? cuz my network card wasnt working until i had to manually start up fast user switching, it wont auto start anymore

yah i'll try it bak at home

but ive been using the current wireless card for over a month with no problems

just shut off adobe and office, i followed blackviper services config exactly

and now after i ran the trendmicro stuff i restarted my computer and it takes like 10 minutes to log into the user, (everything boots up but still blank user in task manager for 10 minutes)

so problem is kinda fixed but its still slow

Haa I keep giving this advice lately, but

type eventvwr.msc into your run box and check and see what your system and application logs say

also look at your servces; type services.msc into the run box and see anything with auto in the startup type dosent have "started" to the left of it under the status area

My guess is you have a dependency problem

well fast user switchin is the only one thats on auto but not started but i have RPC and Terminal Services on already

this is the picture of how my task manager looks if it helps

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 93
i found out if i go to users and log off and bak on i dont have this problem no more

Does this re-occur?

If it does try selecting that check box at the bottom of the task manager, "Show Processes from all users" and tell us what you see.

Are you using fast user switching?

Hello

Well what I would so now on this problem is backup anything thats important and reformat and do a fresh install. Myself after a day or so of screwing I just redo everthing. On a bad day it takes me about 4 hrs to get everything back to fresh.
Drivers, all my programs and other crap. I don't know if you want to go that route.

Fordman

when i check the box it shows the same thing and i am using fast user switching

yah im considering reformating

Back