• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

service pack 3???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stiffler69

i found this on some softpedia.com website its not a warez site or anything its a public download its called "Windows XP Service Pack 3 Preview 100+ Hotfix " can someone please explain to me what that is and is there a service pack 3 now or what?

Proably someones idea what SP3 would look like, if it existed. SP3 dont exist, and AFAIK there is no offical M$ info on a SP3. There are rumors floating around that there will be a SP3 before Vista is released, but that is just rumors. If SP3 is ever released, it will be more along the lines of SP1, a bit more than a years worth of windows updates.

but that one is alot of windows hotfixes its over a 100 of them and they apparantly got to be installed seperatly,

It's just a collection of hotfixes...many of which the creators claim are "only" available when you call MS for support.

I downloaded it but when I saw it was just a large (very large) collection of hotfixes I wasn't going to waste my time running them all just to see what they did...it's probably not worth it.

telexen said:
I downloaded it but when I saw it was just a large (very large) collection of hotfixes I wasn't going to waste my time running them all just to see what they did...it's probably not worth it.

the reason why it has that many of hotfixes because it includes *official* and *none-official* hotfixes from MS.

if you have everything up to date, you only need a few *none-offical* stuffs to go. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

it's definitely worthy.

thanks

Back