• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So I bought this DFI 875P-T and the audio didn't work...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
After 2-3 hours of trying to figure out WHAT THE HELL is wrong with the on-board audio I found out the problem.

I bought this from the classies here at OCF, just the bare board. I downloaded so many drivers, the 875p driver, the 875p-t driver, the windows default auto driver install... I mean I tried it all. I tried different speakers, diff headphones... and FINALLY, SLOWLY but SURELY it turns out that I received the motherboard with the audio jumpers missing.

The previous owner used the front panel audio, and never put the jumpers back on!!!

g0dM@n said:
After 2-3 hours of trying to figure out WHAT THE HELL is wrong with the on-board audio I found out the problem.

I bought this from the classies here at OCF, just the bare board. I downloaded so many drivers, the 875p driver, the 875p-t driver, the windows default auto driver install... I mean I tried it all. I tried different speakers, diff headphones... and FINALLY, SLOWLY but SURELY it turns out that I received the motherboard with the audio jumpers missing.

The previous owner used the front panel audio, and never put the jumpers back on!!!
good god. Man! i told you its you who wasted 3hrs not i who wasted your 3hrs! :p

i neva specified that i will include audio jumpers =P

At least tell the person they are not on!

I mean, wow!!! You pulled the front audio off when you sold it probably, so wouldn't you think of putting the jumpers back on?!?!?!

It's not as easy as you think for someone to point his finger there. I'm lucky enough that I did even realize it.

Now that I tell you what the problem was, you would think it was easy to think of... but I'm telling you in ALL HONESTY... if you were all in my position, then I'd say 9 outa 10 of you woulda not realized the problem right away either.

Btw, D94, I told you less than an hour into the problem that I couldn't get it to work, and you never thought of it yourself... so don't play like I'm an idiot... I'm really not.

Btw, it's working now stupidhead!!!!!!!! :D

Back