• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Setting up Remote Desktop through Command Line???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brentcatoe

Registered
Does anyone know how to enable remote desktop through command line. I know that sounds like a strange thing to want to do but my 7800GTX broke yesterday so I am having to use my backup computer until BFG sends me a replacement. I need to burn a few DVD's though and would like to do it through remote desktop. It is running XP Pro. I figure I can boot the computer up, hit Ctrl+R and type in CMD to get a command line and type in a command to enable remote desktop. I figure it would be some sort of net start command maybe????? OR is there something I can type into the run dialog box to open up the system info, If I can do that I can probably get over to the remote assistance tab and enable it that way, although I would be doing it blindly. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

You could try this: http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2004/05/04/serverhacks_remote.html

If your computer is not running the SP2 firewall, it should ask you for a password (that'll be a local user on that computer) when you connect to the remote registry.

Give that a try and see how it works out.

It might be a good idea to backup the registry first, in case you can't remember what you changed later, and want to set back the way it was.

Back