• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Working on bosses computer - OS issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kalivos

Alright, here's the issue. The hard drive is partitioned 40 for windows xp, 80 for the normal system ****. Had to reinstall windows, but it didn't give me an option, and automatically put it on the other partition. And now, it won't let me Format the 80 gig partition, only the 40. And it won't let me delete the 80 gig partition either.

Suggestions?

I've now got a copy of partition magic 8. What am I to do within the program exactly? I've only used this once before and that was to merge a partition.

Not exactly sure what you mean by wont let you. I take it you are in a working Windows but the link to the 80 gig partition is broken or something an you want to just delete the whole thing. If so you can try right clicking on My Computer and selecting manage. Then Disk management, from there right click the drive and delete it. Then you could use PM8 to merge the partitions. Or use F disk and formate it.

Back