• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCE 2004 mpeg problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

overclucker

it reads everything else fine, with the divx and xvid codecs but no matter what i try i always get this unclear image with mpeg videos, like little vertical lines goin though it making text and subs very hard to read, but when i close MCE and use windows media player 10, they arent there so its resigns in MCE somewhere. anyone else have this issue?

i took a screenshot of the problem, maybe this will help

mce.jpg

as you can see there are lines goin though the video, its very annoying and id like to know how to get rid of it

it looks alot better on windows media player, i can't screenshot that though, for some reason, does mce share all the same codecs with xp?

the codecs usually setup in any player once you install them. I mainly use MediaSource that came with my Audigy2. Once I installed DivX, I can play anything with it beautifully, but of course mpegs still look hazy. They just don't hold enough data.
I just like Media Center for working with still shots and music.

Back