• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ebay contact info

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lionsault_100

OK,, i've been disabled on ebay 4 times in 5 weeks, and it's really ****ing me off.

It was for having out of date contact info (had my dorm address, rather than home since thats where I was getting packages), after the first time iwas disabled i updated everything and faxed in proof of who I was.

They take a full week to get back to you and can only be contacted through email, what KIND OF CRAP IS THAT. it was a different person disabling me everytime, i'm finally reenstated it seems like for good, but what can we do to improve ebays VERY crappy customer service. how can they expect us to have up to date contact info if we can't even contact them?? they are a billion dollar company why can't they be reached ??

ebay are unreasonable sods at the best of times, i got threatened with a ban and an item delisted because they decided it was probably an oem copy of ms office (which it wasn't) ad instead of an apology i got a shirty e-mail. i just think that you have to put up with their silly pedantic and rude manner if you want to have the opportunity to trade.

Why exactly were you suspended? I use my dorm address and have had no problems. Possibly they require a telephone number as well.

I'd ask this question on one of ebay's discussion boards; they might have more insight as to what got mixed up and why.

There was a great program on CNBC entitled, 'Inside eBay', throughout most of the show I was shaking my head over some of the
bs.gif
spewing out of Meg Whitmans mouth, I especially paid attention to the
bs.gif
regarding the fraud percentages that they may be innacurately stating. If I was part of Ebay's Safeharbor team, I would do things very different. The CEO was choosing her words very carefully and not once did I hear her explain the raising the fees on appeasing the Investors and such. Much of her explanations had me shaking my head and at times laughing. As far as cutomer support, they are aweful and they claimed they need to be better and they are trying to get it right. But until they do, what they say are just words and empty promises.

Ebay and Paypal are linked, no? Perhaps Ebay learnt their customer support approach from Paypal... :rolleyes:

i was suspended for having invalid contact information (had my dorm email, but i'm not there anymore) .. i then faxed in my id etc with my house address, and was reenabled, banned again, reenable, banned again, reenabled and now currently banned again, in the span of 3 weeks.

TERRIBLE customer service, i asked many times what i have to do to stop being suspended. it takes these idiots a full week to reply to me, of course there is no access number or live way to chat to this people.

Yes there is; somewhere on Ebay's site there is a Live Help chat applet. Also try the Safeharbor discussion boards there; you're apt to get some answers.

I update my contact info at least 2 days before I'm going to be moving, and do not have any open auctions during that time to minimize the chances of a mixup. I would advise a cell as your contact phone #, that way you know it's always good.

David said:
Ebay and Paypal are linked, no? Perhaps Ebay learnt their customer support approach from Paypal... :rolleyes:
The opposite. Paypal's customer service used to be much better before ebay bought them out.

I think ebay has gotten too big and is "solving" problems by ignoring them and hoping they get lost in the shuffle.

Dreamstalker said:
Yes there is; somewhere on Ebay's site there is a Live Help chat applet. Also try the Safeharbor discussion boards there; you're apt to get some answers.

I update my contact info at least 2 days before I'm going to be moving, and do not have any open auctions during that time to minimize the chances of a mixup. I would advise a cell as your contact phone #, that way you know it's always good.

th chat aplet is a total waste of time they just tell me where to email my complaints. and i cant use the forum if im no longer a registered user, THERE PEOPLE ARE SO STUPID

Last edited:
Back