• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best program to watch DVD's on the PC with?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shard

yeah as the title says, what is the best?

i have powerDVD, but imo the picture quality is not the best, and from what i have read, that it doesnt support full surround sound without paying for their uber overpriced edition

jonwessel said:
I know nothing about watching DVDs on my computer, um, i watch my pr0n on Divx if that helps

I think we both know it doesn't, so you can refrain from these kinds of posts in the future :rolleyes:

cyberlink powerdvd is a good one. it came with my cd/dvd drive though, not sure if it's available as retail software.

rebelwarlock said:
cyberlink powerdvd is a good one. it came with my cd/dvd drive though, not sure if it's available as retail software.

well after some snooping around, i found that cyberlink powerdvd actualy has a much better version, albiet a bit more pricey, but i dled the trail version of the full setup, and trust me, way better picture quality then the OEM software that comes with the DVD drives

shard said:
well after some snooping around, i found that cyberlink powerdvd actualy has a much better version, albiet a bit more pricey, but i dled the trail version of the full setup, and trust me, way better picture quality then the OEM software that comes with the DVD drives

i'll definately have to try that. i'm quite happy with my current software, but better picture is also good.

All DVD applications that I have tried left much to be desired from.

I have DVD Player for the purpose of playing DVDs.

you could try the VLC media player, its a basic player and pretty small, free also, and it plays just about EVERYTHING its rediculous, but i use media player to watch dvd's and havent had a complaint..

Always thought windvd's visuals were sharper than powerdvd. For now I've got the pure decoder from nv runnnin' on WM10. Once I got to know the keyboard shortcuts and found the TweakMP Powertoy, my life had been made better ;) Best part about the tmp prog has to be the ability to disable the bars from coming up EVERYTIME my mouse moves. They only come up now if I go to the top or bottom. :cool:

Well, I have my Logitech Z-5500 on the way, I will tell you guys how they sound with PowerDVD. Since I got the full version now, I should be able to use all the different audio options.

What about movie making/editing? I've been using windows movie maker out of ignorance. Anyone got any ez use video editing proggie suggestions?

Jod said:
What about movie making/editing? I've been using windows movie maker out of ignorance. Anyone got any ez use video editing proggie suggestions?
Yes. Adobe After Effects. Its price isn't too nice though.

Back