• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IE and FireFox suck, anyone got another browser ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i would say avant, granted it uses IE, but i think it works alot better, and has a built in pop up and add blocker, not to cluttery either and u can turn off a lot of eye candy and icons, as multi tab functions and i havent had any problems with it either..

Opera would be bearable if

1. it was free and the banner went away (I don't care that you *can* get it for free...I have too...but it's the principal..browsers SHOULD be free...PERIOD) - and open source
2. It would actually let me lot into half the sites I need to login to
3. it wasn't ***-ugly.

telexen said:
Opera would be bearable if

3. it wasn't ***-ugly.

I never have a problem with it and have been using it for a few years.

***-Ugly? Have you ever heard of Skins ???? easy enough to download, many on the site to pick from......
:rolleyes:

Actually I think Firefox has more security holes than IE does, it's just taken longer to find them since Firefox is newer and less popular than IE.

/.

Actually I think Firefox has more security holes than IE does, it's just taken longer to find them since Firefox is newer and less popular than IE.

It doesn't and even if it does, it takes no longer than a month to patch them, not the months it takes IE to get patched

Last edited:
dicecca112 said:
It doesn't and even if it does, it uses takes no longer than a month to patch them, not the months it takes IE to get patched
I would have to agree with that too. When ever i remove spyware from someones PC i install firefox, and tell them that they should try to use that insted of IE. And guess what I get a lot less calls asking for removal.

Firefox for the yummy extensions and what not. Here's what's currently on my list:

5045531.jpg

How bout you guys? Also, anyone know a nice utility to automate all those nifty little tweaks? For example...pipelining and replacing the 404 error dialog with an ie style page?

I currently use opera, but I have firefox instaled also, even without the skins I still dont think that opera is ugly

Opera is so customizable, and the code for it is simple enough that everyone/anyone can read it.

The one thing I hate about firefox is that its a bare browser. I dont care that you CAN add stuff to it, even a new installation of firefox uses more resources than opera and opera has just about everything you could ever want built in.

Opera is also noticeably faster than firefox, and a whole lot faster than IE (obviously). Even though opera is not free, for a program you use EVERY DAY, something that makes your internet experience more enjoyable, and one with good updates (even though security holes are almost nonexistant), you should be willing to pay the small amount they charge for it.

Jod, I dont know what the "fetch text urls" extension is, but the rest of those are built into opera (in one form or another). One thing that upsets me with firefox, there does not exist an extension that will do mouse gestures as well as opera does. Plus the ability to customize every single menu, add buttons, create your own buttons, etc make it a much more enjoyable piece of software.

i styill love my firefox,,never had any real problems with it. might convert to linux soon to...

Back