• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

chipset question :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
to save me sometime install windows ivve got a question, ok ive got two mobos both s478's one has the i865GV chipset and the other has the i865G chipset,would i be able to swap mobos without having to install the os "xp pro" agian ? evertime i see someything about the chipsets they are related to each other, so i should be able to just swap them with no problems heh ?

Not necessarily. If the mobos are from different manufacturers or just different models, the PCI IRQ wiring could be totally different

And when you suddenly end up with your TV card sharing an IRQ with your soundcard, it can really ruin your day.

I had to run a full Windows repair when I swapped an Abit NF7-S v2.0 for an Abit NF7-S2. Almost the same, but it wouldn't even boot.

damn :/, well it may work, i tryed it before with an old intel se440bx-2 and a se440bx, and it worked so i'll just have to try and see how it goes, if not meh its just an xp install no biggie, just wanted to save me 20-25mins. thanks guys

"was" jus tgoing off specs, but yeah it worked no problem "accept one", the onboard lan, the MX was realtek and the Vm which i am on right now is Intel, no problem threw a realtek538 in "physical card" it detected it, i downloaded the intel driver and that was it :)

its all pretty muc hthe same it seems accept it has alot more NIC options in the driver and im about to bench it right away :) one the video card driver are done downlaoding. thanks guys.

Back