• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Other alternatives than newegg? (zipzoomfly & tigerdirect)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xpred

Registered
Hey everyone. I've been buying stuff from newegg, and overall I like their service, price, and inventory. Their RMA is also easy and good, too. I've been searching for other sites where they are just as good (if not the same) as newegg and came up with ZipZoomFly and TigerDirect. But my questions is for all you people who have used either both...

1. How is their customer service? Is it fast, easy, and reliable?

2. How do they package their items? I know newegg always ships it with care and packaging peanuts, which is great!

3. I'm particulary attracted to zipzoomfly's FREE 2nd day delivery... it seems to even beat newegg with the price/date ratio, how is this?

4. How is the RMA process compared to the newegg? Is it just as fast and simple?

5. Any other suppliers just as good as mentioned above you would recommend?

Thanks!

It seems a lot of people dont like Tiger. I've never bought from them myself.
But ZZF has been OK. Their service is not as good as newegg's, and their RMA process is way worse. They gave me the run-around then made me go thru the manufacturer. The 2nd day shipping is cool, and has saved me some cash before.

Newegg is my frist choice but I have ordered alot of stuff from Tiger. When shopping for hardware I always check both sites before I order, Tiger has some good deals at times. The only thing that bugs me about Tiger is rebates take forever. Tiger has faster shipping for me (live in MN), got my L90D+ in two days and for $20 less than the egg. I had to RMA a MP3 player to Tiger and had no problems with them.

I have ordered from Zipzoomfly (formerly Googlegear) plenty of times and never had a problem. They are my second favorite retailer after Newegg of course.

Tiger is sometimes overpriced in my opinion, but then they have a lot of all the accesories you need usually. ZZF is really reliable and I'll continue to order from them.

Use something like www.pricegrabber.com to find better price relations including other vendors.

Newegg is my first choice but I have also used Tiger and ZZP and the service was very good. The only online merchant I will not use is Monarch. Ordered twice from them and it took them forever to process and ship the order and a response to inquiries took way too long.

This is more of a Vendor Discussion. Keep that in mind next time. Thanks. If you have any questions you can private message me.
:)

Matt

avalanche83 said:
pricewatch.com, pricegrabber.com, and yahoo shopping. That should open up a huge field of options.

That's great for comparing prices. But be careful what sites you order from. If newegg is a couple $$ more than an unkown site, I will still buy from newegg because of the service and I know I wont be scammed.

Zipzoomfly and Newegg are probably the top two big-dogs for computer stuff. Usually items I look for at newegg can also be found at zipzoomfly. I suggest you do some comparison shopping. You should also consider taxes. Newegg charges taxes for three or so states, if you don't live in those states, your set. That's if your like most of us and want to avoid paying that. Zipzoomfly only charges tax for California counties, I believe.

I've ordered from zipzoomfly numerous times and have never had a problem. Their free 2nd day shipping is top notch. I've also ordered from newegg numerous times and never had a problem. Tiger's prices are usually crappy for the items I look for, but every so often they beat both zip and egg on some items. Not often though, for me anyway. I haven't had a problem with any orders from tiger, yet.

I've been noticing that pricewatch doesn't catch many of the deals that zip offers when I run a search through them. Often prices on items will beat what they have listed, but they don't show.

Newegg is my first choice hardware-wise; for smaller items I generally order from Directron, Jab-tech or Monarch if they carry it. Directron I've noticed tends to stock more oddball stuff.

I like Ewiz, and Directron :)

I get my PSU/HSF from Directron, and my Mobo/etc.from Ewiz.

Ewiz doesn't havce the selection that newegg does, but their service seems nice.

I have to agree that Newegg is top notch still though their shipping is not as fast as it used to be.

2nd in line would be Zipzoomfly for sure.

In my opinion neither is really all that superior to the other, i find prices higher or lower depending on the item but it generally seems the Egg is cheaper on most stuff.
Lately zipzoomfly has been truely outstanding on how fast they get items shipped.

Back