• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Torn between asus and abit :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SnakeEyez

I have no idea which house I wanna put my 640 in, which has a better bios? Which has more features? Which will last longer? Can anyone tell me all the pros and cons to each maker for the chip i wanna use? Abit board would be the aa8xe not sure on the Asus.

P5WD2-premium is your likely Asus choice.

Abit is financially shakey right now. Asus isn't, but Asus support isn't the greatest and the board (because it has so many features) has a few quirks that are slowly being worked out. The Abit may also have quirks that I'm not aware of.

The P5WD2 is my first Asus board. I've owned a few Abit boards in the past and they were great for the price. Frankly, if both have the features you're looking for, buy the cheaper solution. No sense spending more for the same. I only bought the Asus because it was recommended.

Asus is got terrible support. Asus would really be alot better if they inprove that. I would still choose the Asus board.
Thanks

If you don't need dual core support and are considering the Abit AA8XE, then go for it. I have this mobo and love it. It's a good overclocker and very stable. But, it limits your upgrade path since the new Pentium D processors won't work in it. I made a sticky post about BIOS overclocking options. If you get it, I recommend updating the BIOS before you start overclocking.

Im waiting for my Abit to get to my door. I read everthing and anything about comp stuff and alot of what I hear is that both are great but I like the color of the Abit board more.But then again this will be my showcase of my painting talent and the orangish color goes well with cobalt blue candy.

i like them both, compare the 2 models your interested in, the prices, board layout and decide from the. final trouble or not, has nothing to do with how a board performs. also, abit will be around for a long while, dont let that discourage you.

I really like Abit, but from my experiences and from people who have used the AW8, it is sadly inferior to the P5WD2. However on AGP its the reverse with the AS8 being top dog.

Back