• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ebay trouble

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tomchong

hey guys i purchased a hard drive on ebay about a month ago, and it has not arrived yet. Is it normal for some packages to take a abnormally long time in shipping? i dont want to try and get a refund through paypal and have it arrive in a couple weeks. what should i do? the seller has 100+ transactions and still 100% positive feedback, so i really dont think hes a scammer, but still, i paid for something and after i month i still dont have it!

he says he has proof of shipment, but there is no tracking number on the shipment. i did not pay for insurance. i received a couple packages, from farther away, which i paid LESS for shipping, about two weeks ago, so im getting very concerned!

tomchong said:
he says he has proof of shipment, but there is no tracking number on the shipment. i did not pay for insurance. i received a couple packages, from farther away, which i paid LESS for shipping, about two weeks ago, so im getting very concerned!
Its quite possible that the HD was lost in mail, if hes got proof of shipment there isn't much you can do except go the shipper.
If I'm not mistaken ALL packages are insured for a certain amount and the Insurance fee you pay is to further insure it.

Flip-Mode said:
Its quite possible that the HD was lost in mail, if hes got proof of shipment there isn't much you can do except go the shipper.
If I'm not mistaken ALL packages are insured for a certain amount and the Insurance fee you pay is to further insure it.

not sure about all shipment companys. i know that fed ex will cover upto 100 dollars on all packages. but this person don't have a tracking number so i assume he shipped usps piority and cheaped out on 50cent tracking number. and usps doesn't have any protection plans unless you pay for insurence.

Pineabs said:
not sure about all shipment companys. i know that fed ex will cover upto 100 dollars on all packages. but this person don't have a tracking number so i assume he shipped usps piority and cheaped out on 50cent tracking number. and usps doesn't have any protection plans unless you pay for insurence.
I know for a fact that USPS cover up to 100% on International shipments but don't know about domestic, there is a package number no matter if he has a tracking number or not and USPS will be able to trace the package to the last spot it was scanned at. If there wasn't such a thing USPS people would be stealing packages all the time :p

if you payed through paypal i believe the seller has to ship packages with tracking numbers to prove that they shipped it to you. you will probably be able to get your money back because with out tracking he doesn't have sufficient proof, and if it does show up in a couple of weeks and you feel guilty just send him back the money

Flip-Mode said:
I know for a fact that USPS cover up to 100% on International shipments but don't know about domestic, there is a package number no matter if he has a tracking number or not and USPS will be able to trace the package to the last spot it was scanned at. If there wasn't such a thing USPS people would be stealing packages all the time :p

are u sure u are talking about usps? i jus shipped a gfx card from US to UK and there is no tracking offered since its international. i asked for one and thats what the counter lady told me. and they don't crover any lost items unless you purchase insurence. don't know where this 100% conver is comming from bud. you might be talking about UPS.

cruzinmitsu said:
if you payed through paypal i believe the seller has to ship packages with tracking numbers to prove that they shipped it to you.
That's correct. You need to file a complaint with Paypal for item not received, and you only have 30 days from the date of purchase to do that. If the drive shows up, you can always reverse/close the complaint.

He shipped via USPS Global Priority Mail
I know for a fact that USPS cover up to 100% on International shipments
they don't crover any lost items unless you purchase insurence
hmmm, can we get a tiebreaker here :p If he does still have a proof of shipment, there has to be some way of tracking it....right.

Ok here you go, look at this link and it will settle the 100$ insurance. BTW I don't give facts without having something to back them up.
The shipment HAS a bar code and shipment number, the only difference with the tracking is that they post the last scan at their site. The package must be tracked down.
Ask for a scan of the shipping invoice and call USPS and ask them to track it down.

Back