• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good program to rip ISO's to hdd?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

damarble

I've been trying to copy all my game CD's to my hdd because I can never find my CD's when I want them. So I am setting up virtual drives. But all I have ATM is Nero, which totaly sux for ripping ISO's. It can rip maybe 1 in every 10 CD's.

So what do you guys reccomend?

Ascii2 said:
EDIT: Removed WinRAR 3.50. Thread title is misleading.

Windows Explorer.

Explain how that would work. I've never done that successfuly. The files get out of order and the TOC cant work.

Thanks for the suggestions. I just got WinIso but havent installed it yet.

WinISO for CD's that don't have copy protection.

Alcohol 120 if your cd's have copy protection (like most games do).

I always try to use backup copies of games instead of the actual game CD. Have ruined many of my originals, enough to warrant copying them.

damarble said:
Explain how that would work. I've never done that successfuly. The files get out of order and the TOC cant work.
Optical media is place into an optical drive.
The optical drive containing the inserted optical media is selected.
Files from the oiptical are copied to a partician of a physical disk.

Ascii2 said:
Optical media is place into an optical drive.
The optical drive containing the inserted optical media is selected.
Files from the oiptical are copied to a partician of a physical disk.

I'm sorry, but you dont know what you're talking about. That doesnt work. Maybe on some old CD's without copy protection. But using your method, once the files are on the hard drive they are useless.

I gave WinIso a shot and it worked fine. I copied Madden 03 to the hdd and load it onto a virtual drive with DAEMON Tools. It worked perfectly.

Alchohol 120% sound great but I'm not paying $50 for it so WinIso will have to work.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

damarble said:
I'm sorry, but you dont know what you're talking about. That doesnt work. Maybe on some old CD's without copy protection. But using your method, once the files are on the hard drive they are useless.
It is you that does not know what I am "talking" about. What I posted would successfully rip files from optical disc media.

If you instead want to image a copy protected disc, imaging software would then be necessary. Alcohol 120% is probably the best imaging software on the market. I would not recomend its purchase though.

Ascii2 said:
It is you that does not know what I am "talking" about. What I posted would successfully rip files from optical disc media.

If you instead want to image a copy protected disc, imaging software would then be necessary. Alcohol 120% is probably the best imaging software on the market. I would not recomend its purchase though.

Of course I don't know what you're talking about. I specificaly asked for software to rip an ISO to the hdd, and you suggested that I use Windows Explorer to rip the files. Completely unrelated.

threeme2189 said:
daemon tools for virtual drives and regular old nero for making the images...choose the "image creator" thing as the burning drive instead of the regular drive.

Nero worked a few times for me doing just that, but most of the time it has copy potection errors. Too bad, because I like the idea of having "nerg" files. LOL

nero has never faild me for burning images and i have done well over, mmmm i would guestimate 3000+

CDRWin was also a great one pending on format

Ripping - ISOBuster works i beleive - winimage and the other above sugegsted

Alchol is worth buying like ANy software if it's features are useful for you.

Back