• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Registry Mechanic results in high ping?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scrambled Eggs

Registered
I just downloaded Registry Mechanic and scanned for errors with it. It found about 90 errors/problems, so I hit the Fix button. 10 minutes later when I started to play counter strike source, I found my ping would no go below 100. This happened in all servers as well as the server browser. I tried to restore the registry using Registry Mechanics built in restore function, but it didn't fix anything. I am now wishing I wouldnt have disabled system restore. Does anybody have any ideas?

Im not sure what your problem could be but i highly doubt that it was anything to do with registry mechanic.

Also, i no longer use registry mechanic (don't ask why). I now use RegScrubXP. It is a very good program with a simple gui, i found that it is much better than RM.

I don't think this is your problem, but thought I'd mention it: There was an executable of registry mechanic floating around that backdoored you. If it was a reputable DL I would not worry.

Back