• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVD player on network

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
okay

So you want to play DVD's over your network ?

as in use a DVD drive on one computer - and then play it from another ?

Hello

What I want to do is play a dvd from one pc to another pc?
I have 2 pcs in the house with dvds and one in the shop without.
I can play my backedup dvds with no problems but very choppy on store bought. And its software im looking for.

Any ideas?

Fordman

I am looking for something like this also. Is it possible to save DVD images on a hard drive and play them onto your TV?

^^ yes if your PC ahs video out on the video card

you can try to use PowerDVD , not free though, cant recall the anme of the free player out there - but it should play unless you havea really bad network.

Hello

My router is Cisco Sydstems (linksys) BEFSR41 and my card are (2x) dlink 530 tx(realtech) drivers and my other card is intel 8230 card. Hope this helps. All set to full duplex. Power dvd(full version) is choppy on store bought dvds but my backedup dvds play without a hiccup.

Fordman

fordman said:
Power dvd(full version) is choppy on store bought dvds but my backedup dvds play without a hiccup.
Try setting the DVD reading drives to a DMA transfer mode. If that doesn't work, perhaps different firmware would help.

Back