• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Converting parts of DVDs (that i MADE) to mpgs or similar?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoneWolf121188

OK, so I took a digital movie class last year and we had everything in mpeg. Then I used DVD Studio Pro 2 to make a DVD out of about 7 of the movies. Now I have the DVD, but not the mpegs. Is there a way to take certain movies and convert them back to mpegs? The main reason I want to do so is so ppl on OCF can watch a few of mine just for kicks, maybe give me a little feedback. However, the DVD is 3.31GB, so it would make much more sence to have ppl dl individual mpegs.

NONE OF THIS STUFF IS COPYRIGHTED!!! I shot it, I edited it, I made the DVD, etc.

Any DVD ripper should suffice to rip the DVD to MPeg. Then use a video editing package to chop it up, and the Gordion Knot pack to encode it into DivX or XviD.

Dvd decrypter

I reccomend you use dvd decrypter i dont have a link just google it it doesnt rip to mpeg but gordian knot can read the vob files so it will be fine lol

Back