• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pics of your system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

avalanche83

I would like to see what everyones systems look like. Wire jobs, colors, etc. It would be great to put a picture to a sig :D.

Here's mine. I stuffed all the wires in any crack I could hide them, and check out my passive cooling. It is a AMD approved heatsink fan teeter tottering on the 20 pin connector :).

Attachments

• system.GIF
    system.GIF
    123.6 KB · Views: 241
I just redid my wire managment on Sunday. Not the best pic, but gives you an idea about how it's put there:

Picture089.jpg

It really isn't as messy as it looks. I'll try to get a better pic later.

Workstation - Asus P5WD2, i650, X800XL. Lite-on DVD reader top, Plextor burner bottom. Four Raptors in the HDD cage. 600W Enermax. All in an Antec Sonata case. Soon to get watercooling:
img51128rm.jpg

File server - Asus i915 board, i330J, X700pro. Cheap DVD reader. Four Seagate 7200.7s connected to a Promise S150 SX4. 450W Silverstone again in an Antec Sonata:
img44225bm.jpg

I removed all the hardware from my case and cut holes around the mobo tray to route wires through and around the back. Then I used zip ties to perfect it a bit more. I'll be posting a thread later when I can get my older bro to host photos for me.

That's not a bad idea. I just looked at the back side of my case and there is plenty of room between the panel and the drive mounts.

JCLW, I like how you've routed the power wires around for your hard drives! :D

Here's the left side of my case:

Picture096.jpg

Last edited:
what cases are those black ones with the PSU mounted below, mesh outside, and inverted mobo?

ajrettke said:
what cases are those black ones with the PSU mounted below, mesh outside, and inverted mobo?

Those are Lian-Li 2000s and 1200s. They cost quite a bundle but they are very sexy. :)

Mine is a Lian-Li V1000B, which is the mid tower version, annodized black. It cost me $200 shipped from NewEgg. That's when it was on sale for $185. lol

They are REALLY nice cases, and VERY light. Unless you're me, where your Lian-Li aluminum case comptuer weights as much as your steel case backup computer. ;)

I walked into my room just now (just got back from work) and I was like "umm, was there a power shortage? I don't hear anything!". I looked at my comp and the power LED was still on. lol Guess my goal of reaching silence with air cooling has been accomplished. :D

This picture shows my rig both when I first moved everything into the Antec case and everything was a complete mess, and after I did some serious wire/cable management. Notice too, that I moved the HDD in order to open things up quite a bit for airflow. I also moved the NIC down to the last slot to give my VCool a little breathing room. I have since actually taken out two additional cables that weren't doing anything, and an 80mm Raidmax now sits wedged between two cables near the memory, pointed at the Zalman. And since Celeron_Phreak brought up weight, I'll add that my rig now weighs in at 39 pounds. The new case, HSF and 68gt really helped pack on the tonnage, LOL!

Attachments

• Before_After_1.jpg
    Before_After_1.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Once I decide on cooling or quit buying other parts. I will address the bland stock cooling. Work in progress.

untitled31cd.jpg

man, my wire management SUCKS compared to these. where do you guys put all your wires?? mine are just haning ou in front of the mobo.

Well, too lazy to take new pics, but its nothing special...

Its cluttered as hell in my case though, ram fan, HDD, opticals, all in the 5.25" bay (excluding the ramfan), and then a ton of other fans... Behind the opticals/HDDs, it is very messy (well, cluttered), as the IDE cables and power cables in the same area and the likes ;(

Back