• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wierd video playback issue... O.o

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pik4chu

Senior Yellow Forum Rat
Well for whatever reason my computer no longer plays most videos properly (Windows XP with Media Player 10). So far the only codec that works properly is the Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Decoder. ALL others (regardless of version of codec) all play with distorted colors and have this thick white film looking appearance on teh video. The preview thing in explorer shows fine however.

I just cant figure out whats wrong. one would think "h corrupted codec" but ive uninstalled and reinstalled different ones several times.

The following files that I have tested that have this issue, thier properties in WMP say:

Windows Media Video V7 codec
Windows Media Video V8 codec
Windows Media Video 9 Professional
Windows Media Video 9
XviD 4.1 Codec
Mpeg Video Decoder
DivX ;-) Decoder Filter
DivX 4.01
Nero Video Decoder

I just dont get it :shrug:

*erdit* am I just losing my mind and there is a setting in WMP for this? cause these files seem to play fine outside of it. and I have reinstalled it already. Version 10.0

Last edited:
if this is on a nvidia card i can help you out:

right click on desktop, properties, settings, advanced, click on the name of your card, color correction, and reset it to default

Xenocide said:
if this is on a nvidia card i can help you out:

right click on desktop, properties, settings, advanced, click on the name of your card, color correction, and reset it to default
tried that, card was already at default...

Back