• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

100 feedbacks for a dollar

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lionsault_100

ebay feedbacks that is ..

what are your thoughts on this ? do you do it ? do you check the actual feedback of your buyer/seller to make sure they arn't penny feedbacks ?

i noticed a guy with one of those new member symbols with 100 feedback and saw he got them from selling ebooks for 1 cent and free ship

i can see how it's bad, but what exact rule are they breaking. i mean he's not selling feedbacks per se... and they allow 1 cent auctions

it violates this part of the origional user agreement.

Feedback.
8.1 Integrity. You may not take any actions that may undermine the integrity of the feedback system. We may limit the number of bids and listings you may place on the Site based upon the level of your feedback. If you earn a net feedback rating of -4 (minus four), your membership may be suspended, and you may be unable to list or bid.

Report him he is violating the integrity of the feedback system by basically trying to get around it.

i see what you're saying, but i'm not going to report the guy, because i've seen many with inflated feedbacks

i'm just saying what the cut off is.. i if you buy 1 item for 1 cent does that put you in that category ? 5 cent items ? what is the cut off ?

my point is who's inflated and who isn't ? --- if you buy 1 item for 1 cent does that put you on the list ? 5 ? , 10 ? -- and what about the sellers.

it's not the fact that they are buying a item for one cent. If you win a legit auction for 1 cent because you are the only bidder there is nothing wrong with it. But if it's just for the pure sake of I'm going to sell 100 pieces of paper each for one cent for the pure cause of inflation, that is wrong. Now see if you think it's questionable I would still report it because then the ebay staff will review the case and decide if it's a violation of the rules. If you report it and they decide it's not inflation then there is no problem. But if they did one person who is trying to get around the system is kicked out.

i think you should get feedback points for every dollar you spend (so if its a 50 dollar transaction you get 50 points) or some kind of system like that. because buying items for 1 cent just for feedback and then hiding your feedback comments can't be enforced.

Lionsault_100 said:
i think you should get feedback points for every dollar you spend (so if its a 50 dollar transaction you get 50 points) or some kind of system like that. because buying items for 1 cent just for feedback and then hiding your feedback comments can't be enforced.

That wouldn't work, what about a guy who bought 10 spindles of cd's per say of $10 each, and a guy who bought 1 car for 10 grand.... who's gonna look better with a quick glimpse.

There are a TON of people doing it. If you're buying an item of ANY value I only do it from somebody who doesn't have hardly ANY negatices if they've got like 500 positives and 50 negatives, I'm a bit leary and read all the negatives before I decide to make a purchase or not. I actually had a guy try to drag me into a class-action lawsuit against a powerseller because he dug up my e-mail address from a negative feedback I'd left the powerseller he was suing. Also be aware that if you buy something and get HORRBILE service and leave the seller a negative feedback they will ALWAYS turn around and leave a negative one for you. Petty children's game IMO.

JDXNC said:
That wouldn't work, what about a guy who bought 10 spindles of cd's per say of $10 each, and a guy who bought 1 car for 10 grand.... who's gonna look better with a quick glimpse.

obviously the guy who bought the car is capable of finishing a high value transaction

theMonster said:
Also be aware that if you buy something and get HORRBILE service and leave the seller a negative feedback they will ALWAYS turn around and leave a negative one for you. Petty children's game IMO.

I've got half the feedback I should have really because I don't see why a buyer should have to put in feedback first. I mean, your end is all kept up, you've paid on time, and if that's not good enough for them to leave good feedback, screw 'em. The sellers expectations are fulfilled maybe a week, often 2 or 3 before the buyers are, so if they don't give, they don't get.

theMonster said:
There are a TON of people doing it. If you're buying an item of ANY value I only do it from somebody who doesn't have hardly ANY negatices if they've got like 500 positives and 50 negatives, I'm a bit leary and read all the negatives before I decide to make a purchase or not. I actually had a guy try to drag me into a class-action lawsuit against a powerseller because he dug up my e-mail address from a negative feedback I'd left the powerseller he was suing. Also be aware that if you buy something and get HORRBILE service and leave the seller a negative feedback they will ALWAYS turn around and leave a negative one for you. Petty children's game IMO.

how did he monster get banned ???

Lionsault_100 said:
obviously the guy who bought the car is capable of finishing a high value transaction

Doesn't mean he would though. Some rich people can be remarkebly stingy/untrustworthy.

Well it's all a question of where to draw the line.

What if a guy is selling cables at 99c each plus $1 delivery? What if that's all he sells? I see nothing wrong with that.

The majority of Power sellers have accumulated their feedback through the selling of small, virtually worthless items, not by selling cars and boats.

Although i do disagree with starting out selling crappy stuff just to get a higher rating.

But then again, if those transactions go off without a hitch, there is no reason why a person should not be entitled to their feedback.

And being a Power seller with a good rating is not an indication of a good seller. I bought a laptop from a power seller, who turned out to be selling hundreds of beaded necklaces, months before I bought the laptop.
I was the first in a LONG LINE of people to be ripped off from this Power seller, he has since been banned, and I am still down $500.

:bang head

RoadWarrior said:
I've got half the feedback I should have really because I don't see why a buyer should have to put in feedback first. I mean, your end is all kept up, you've paid on time, and if that's not good enough for them to leave good feedback, screw 'em. The sellers expectations are fulfilled maybe a week, often 2 or 3 before the buyers are, so if they don't give, they don't get.

I have sent more emails about this exact thing to ebay, than I care to count. In the end, it is perfectly legal, and approved by Ebay.

Back