• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x2 4400/ msi neo2 plat/ gskill LE's cant install xp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

killermiller

I jsut got new Mb/P and t HHD's
X2 4400
MSI Neo2 Platinum
2 Maxtor 250gb SATA

What I already had
2 512mb gskill LE's
xconnect 500 w PSU
HP lightscribe DVD-rw

I get all my hardware together and I tried to install XP and it says that it cant load a file. I tried multiple times and also try to access the disk from my laptop and it's having trouble reading the disk. So I create another slipstreamed disk and it gets all the way through the first part and hangs on the second. So I try it again. Same thing. After the second it says that something is corrupt and to reinstall windows. So I give it another shot and it BSOD's on toe first part . So I was thinking that it was the memory. So I memtest it and it errors like crazy, and I remove 1 module. run it over night and get 0 errors. Then I start thinking its my whole install package has gon corrupt( its been on my laptop for a couple years) So I DL Fudora linux and it gets to the main install screen and says to press enter to begin , so I do and it comes up with what I think it it's version of the BSOD( I dont have any experience with linux) Anyway.....HELP!!! :confused:

Do you have another hardrive to install? I had problems like this on my last build and it turned out to be doa hardrive. If you have a spare harddrve try that. On a side note, for that 4400 if you are planning on overclocking, replace that power supply. Get a forton ax500 or an ocz powerstream.

Back