• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows regional setting issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Project86

I just put together some new hardware and did a full format/reinstall of XP. I have installed it 2 times before from this XP disc and never had this problem. This time everything goes smooth, until I try to set up outlook. Instead of the @ sign I get some silly European symbol. All my symbols seem to be wrong.

I checked the location setting in control panel, and it was set to United Kingdom. I changed that to be USA (in all the places I could find the option, I think 2 or 3 times). I did a reset, but it still isn't fixed. what else do I have to do?

This is wierd because I have no idea why it happened!

i think the most simple fix would be to reinstall windows again, since it is a new install, you wont loose any real information, or having to reinstall multitudes of programs.

hmmm... I don't remember, where is that option? I was fighting the clock trying to fix it but not be late for work...

Back