• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Linked files?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lucidnight

Registered
I saved a website that a friend has using my browser, because they lost all there original files in a massive power surge that killed there comp. Well anyway i have gotten all the files, but i can't delete some files without also deleting the folders they are some how "linked" to. If your not sure what i mean...just use the "save as" command on any site with your web browser ( i'm using firefox) and try to delete the either the folder that it makes or the files outside the folder and it will delete both. What i want to know is how do i turn this off and what is this called, because i don't think i have seen it done before. Thanx for any help.

Ok, I don't really have any idea what you are talking about. You mean it wont let you delete a file in Windows? Have you tried going into safe mode right clicking the folder and going to properties. Then the security tab, and give yourself control to everything. Also you can click advanced and set you as the owner if that is the problem. Can you further explain though what you mean by you saved a website but cant delete a folder?

What i was trying to say was. If you go to any website..and use the 'save as' feature in your browser (mine is 'firefox') you will get a htm/html file and folder(s). Well, if you then navigate to that directory and try to delete..let's say just the folder because you just want the htm/html file then..windows will delete both of them (folder and htm/html file). The are linked some how...because if you copy one it copy's the other as well, same thing if you cut them...i'm not sure what's causeing it, but i thought it might be a windows feature..so i posted here...thanx for any help

Back