• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compatibility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigDan3131

I went to the Abit website and realized that alot of whats compatible for an AI7 isnt whats current. Did they just put that stuff out when the board was brand new and have never updated it? What Im getting at is some things listed are smaller than what I wanted to run with it. Do I have to stick to those guidlines completely or can I fudge some of the stuff. I really dont like any of the PSU's they have listed and want to use a PC Power and Cooling PSU and the RAM I wanted to use isnt in the module size I want.

Should I just Email them direct about those parts? Even the Vid Cards are old now.

yes, you can go ahead. as you've noticed (and it's not just abit but most other manufacturer's in general), they dont' update their compatibility listing. In their defence, it would be very very costly to have a team to evaluate all available/possible hardware configurations, given the constantly changing periperhal landscape.

Back