• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5WD2 Load screen?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dylskee

I just built this 840D setup with an Asus P5WD2 mobo and everytime i start it i get 1 beep the asus logo and then these annoying screens! 1st screen "please wait for IDE scan/......" then drive 0 and it's my dvd drive.. I attached pics. Can i disable this somehow?

picture1852oh.jpg
[/IMG]

picture1808yq.jpg

your not supposed to put your dvd drive on the red ite connections.... those are for hard drives only. You should put your optical drives on the BLUE connector. And if you put your main hard drive on the red connector you have to load the ite drivers with F6 during windows install.

As far as disabling it, i dont think you can. becuase that checks for drives on that controller

I normally hit the ESC to bypass this screen. Do you have IDE drives connected to the blue native port?

Oh..forgot to mention, you can disable the controller in BIOS...thinks its...ITE8211F controller. Hope this helps!

Lou.

Supafish said:
I normally hit the ESC to bypass this screen. Do you have IDE drives connected to the blue native port?

Lou.
Yes my IDE drive is connected to the blue port, and my dvd drive is connected to the red port.

I don't know I have my IDE CD burner connected to the 1st red connector and it works well, on the blue I was having problems. This board is very picky when it comes to ATA devices.

there's nothing wrong with connecting any or all devices to the red ide ports (if you load drivers when installing windows, lol) but you're going to have to sit through that detection window whenever booting if you have the IDE device enabled through bios... learn to live with it.

crimedog said:
there's nothing wrong with connecting any or all devices to the red ide ports (if you load drivers when installing windows, lol) but you're going to have to sit through that detection window whenever booting if you have the IDE device enabled through bios... learn to live with it.

Ok, thats all i wanted to know. It's not all that bad, but if i could disable it it would have been nice. If i can't no big deal, thanks for the replies. :)

You can get a pci ata card for cheap, run the dvd writer off that and disable that controller in the bios. I've been tempted to do this myself.

Chiefvalue has awesome deals (randomly, of course) on PCI cards. I see them for firewire, SATA, USB2.0, etc. all the time. I'm sure they'll have one for what you need if you can hang in there. I check chiefvalue EVERY single day for their daily sales.

Up to you, tho...

Back