• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Poll: How much does your rig weigh?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How Much Does Your Rig Weigh?

• < 20 Pounds (9.1 Kg)

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • 21 - 25 Pounds (9.2 - 11.3 Kg)

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 26 - 30 Pounds (11.4 - 13.6 Kg)

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • 31 - 35 Pounds (13.7 - 15.9 Kg)

• 36 - 40 Pounds (16.0 - 18.1 Kg)

• 41 - 45 Pounds (18.2 - 20.4 Kg)

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 46 - 50 Pounds (20.5 - 22.7 Kg)

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 51 - 55 Pounds (22.8 - 24.9 Kg)

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • 56 - 60 Pounds (25.0 - 27.2 Kg)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • > 60 Pounds (> 27.2 Kg)

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters

Gig-O-Ram

Up until recently, I never gave it much thought either, but one day when I was working on my rig I decided to put it on the scale because with the addition of the Zalman, the 68GT and the case itself, it has gotten pretty heavy. At the moment, it weighs 39 pounds closed up. I imagine that number will go up if I put a bigger HSF in there (like a Big Typhoon, even though that'll be for the next rig) and more fans or if I decide to put a slave in there.

Edit= Okay, this is not letting me post actual poll choices for some reason. :shrug: These were going to be the choices:

Edit #2= Since this has been made into an actual poll, I'm taking off my "poll choices".

Last edited:
johnny5c said:
Acording to my bathroom scale, my water cooled Antec tower weighs 67lbs and my air cooled V2100B is 29lbs.

I weighed mine on the bathroom scale too...so I guess the weight was accurate. I have been thinking of going water cooling in the next rig (haven't decided for sure), and if I do, then it will proabably get ridiculously heavy :rolleyes:

Gig-O-Ram said:
Up until recently, I never gave it much thought either, but one day when I was working on my rig I decided to put it on the scale because with the addition of the Zalman, the 68GT and the case itself, it has gotten pretty heavy. At the moment, it weighs 39 pounds closed up. I imagine that number will go up if I put a bigger HSF in there (like a Big Typhoon, even though that'll be for the next rig) and more fans or if I decide to put a slave in there.

Edit= Okay, this is not letting me post actual poll choices for some reason. :shrug: These were going to be the choices:

10 pounds or less

10 - 15 lbs

15 - 20 lbs

20 - 25 lbs

25 - 30 lbs

30 lbs or more

Only Admins., moderators, and seniors can post polls. If you want it to be an actual poll, PM a mod and if they want to they may merge it with a poll or whatever they do. Or maybe they will see it first.

Mine ways about 20 lbs, I'm not sure. It is light, because it is alluminum. :)

Mines ~8 pounds just look at sig to find out why...

Haha, both my rig's boxs (Enlight 8950) come in at 45 lbs. empty.
Server has 9 HDD, 1 CD-ROM, 1 floppy, 1 SLK 900, every slot has a card in it, and a Vantec 520 watt PSU. All the chips on the motherboard are copper sinked and it has more then a couple fans. I haven't put it on a scale but judging from the dents in the floor I'd say I'm pretty happy it came with wheels.

My gaming rig has a Vantec 520 PSU, 3 HDD, 3 CD-Roms, and a 2 gallon res, and a 1 farad 16V cap on the 12v line, so it's not a light system either. Do the two 19" monitors count?

The cap is just there to keep power to the 12V line for a few seconds to keep the relay in the PSU closed keeping the pump running. Why? Overclocking, having alittle too much spare time on my hands, and having an extra cap laying around. Pick one, all, or any combo.

Yes, if needed, I think I could end someone with my computers if I had to.

It seems like a lot of us have rigs with a decent amount of weight on them, but I think Electron Chaser has us all beat! I was looking at his thread on his new extreme case, and man...basically a small room on wheels! He needs to hire security for it, and make sure that no children or small animals hide inside the thing.

All kidding aside...EC, that IS one extreme case! And here I thought mine was heavy...I'm not worthy...

Back