• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

edonkey and emule

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

overclucker

is it just me, or is it almost impossible to download anything on there now adays? i remember when i could get 400 and 600kb download speeds, now all i get is 5kb and it eats ALL the bandwith! is their a new service maybe?

Maybe its your firewall?

I use Bearshare (The Lite one, and Bearshare also uses the same network) and my d/l speed is alway high.

You might want to look at the rules, warz, cracking, and stuff like this is not aloud on this forum, it would be a good idea not to talk about it.

infinitevalence said:
You might want to look at the rules, warz, cracking, and stuff like this is not aloud on this forum, it would be a good idea not to talk about it.

This is true. This thread does walk rather close to the edge.

okay, so hypothetically he's using it for some legitimate purpose like spreading the love from his indy band or something

anyways,

1. have you recently changed anything, config of emule, router, or otherwise related?

2. what emule version are you using? you *should* be on .46c or whatever the latest one is, and also use emule and not edonkey, since the $20 you may have spent could also be put to some better use such as donating to a hurricane katrina fund or giving out free cd's of your slayer-i mean indy band, and no advertising

3. and also what isp are you using? you do know that some isps run not only caps but also some seriously anti-p2p stuff that would most likely give you the 5k/s instead of the 600k, maybe you should check if its your isp, since i know quite a few isp's such as my last one that hates indy bands using their bandwith to proliferate

4. why don't you try a. updating firmware on your router b. resetting your router to factory c. do all your settings again, especially the port/gameport routing, e.g. dlink gamerlouge set the emule ports as game ports not "special apps" e. delete the emule and edonkey folder and use a clean installation of emule, latest one f. make sure all the settings are right g. kill any software firewalls if any g. if other people have the router controls then get control of the router and then try the above

6. have you considered buying a new router? if so, i'd recommend a linksys wrt54gx v2.0

_

my router works great on everything else, so i don't think its the router, but the program does have alot of trouble connecting to the servers and finding server lists, dont know if that has anything todo with anything..lol

fafnir said:
okay, so hypothetically he's using it for some legitimate purpose like spreading the love from his indy band or something

anyways,

1. have you recently changed anything, config of emule, router, or otherwise related?

2. what emule version are you using? you *should* be on .46c or whatever the latest one is, and also use emule and not edonkey, since the $20 you may have spent could also be put to some better use such as donating to a hurricane katrina fund or giving out free cd's of your slayer-i mean indy band, and no advertising

3. and also what isp are you using? you do know that some isps run not only caps but also some seriously anti-p2p stuff that would most likely give you the 5k/s instead of the 600k, maybe you should check if its your isp, since i know quite a few isp's such as my last one that hates indy bands using their bandwith to proliferate

4. why don't you try a. updating firmware on your router b. resetting your router to factory c. do all your settings again, especially the port/gameport routing, e.g. dlink gamerlouge set the emule ports as game ports not "special apps" e. delete the emule and edonkey folder and use a clean installation of emule, latest one f. make sure all the settings are right g. kill any software firewalls if any g. if other people have the router controls then get control of the router and then try the above

6. have you considered buying a new router? if so, i'd recommend a linksys wrt54gx v2.0

_

And even if he did...no one has mentioned warez or anything in this thread :shrug:

And he said "Why cant i download a cracked version of Pro Winamp fast" where?

We could assume he uses it for the wrong reasons (Which he's entitled to, but he said he doesn't) but its none of out business, so I don't see the problem.

Sorry for going offtopic, btw.

threeme2189 said:
you just have...and so has "infinitevalance" in post number 4...:rolleyes:

jeez guys, im just asking if anyone else is having these issues latley so pls, if you dont have an answer then get lost :santa:

I think you need to re-read the rules.

6. ABSOLUTELY no posting of Warez (Pirated Software) or links to Warez sites. All such sites are illegal and pose a threat to our continued existence.

-- David

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had similar problems, for me limewire tends to be about the fastest of the popular napster style p2p progs, there are some much faster, but for finding files or sharing your stuff or whatever they tend to have small communitities and not be so good.

PS the stuff i dl is largely unsigned bands, copyright expired stuff, or psychedelic rock from the 60s that no one seems to own the rights to now and so is not avaliable elsewhere.

threeme2189 said:
well it downloads slow for me (overclockix at the moment) but its because i have a lowID and because im behind a home network.

Forward the correct ports and you will have a high ID.

Back