• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Itunes at school, omfg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lincolnompa

Alright, so everybody has laptops issued to them at my school. The policy is tha t they re-image our hard drive before we put it back on the network. When everybody cameback, no one was able to download itunes; if you did you got a BSOD. Our laptop repair lady (who also calls itunes malware and reimages our computer if we have it) sent an emailto the whole student body telling us that we could only use itunes if we had the ipod C.D. with it on there, and you couldn't share it with friends because its illegal (I thought Apple was trying to give itunes to everyone either way because they wanted to promote the iTMS). This issues frustrating 400 students, the whole school. Any workarounds? Any ITUNE copycats? Thanks.

BTW
Everyone was trying to use Itunes 4.8, but thats what gave everone the BSOD.
Sorry if I put this in the wrong topic section, thought it was relevant to the topic.

Lord_Zoltan said:
Why do you have to use itunes?
Are you using mac laptops, if not, why not just use winamp or similar programs.

Z

Like he said, there is a Winamp plugin for it.

Or there is always Linux using GTKPod ;)

Lord_Zoltan said:
Why do you have to use itunes?
Are you using mac laptops, if not, why not just use winamp or similar programs.

Z
We all use Thinkpads, and most people who have a mp3 player has an ipod. We all loved the features (being able to listen to others music and we found some unique ways to communicate with the name system). Strangely enough, 400 of us collectively like itunes. I guess we could switch to winamp tho...

Back