• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Ram Timing Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oc jason

Well on the 8k7a i keep seeing 8862222 for timings. What are these, i dont think the 9kha has em does it at least not all?

I got cas. bank interleave, command rate. and other stuff please tell me what these are called in BIOS.

I've tried all the settings with my ram in bios and have come to the conclusion....

DONT USE 8862222 timings unless you have like mushkin or something :)

I am using 2x256MB Crucial 2100 DDR and I have found two of those settings should be much higher. Even though windows works fine at those settings, games are a different story.

Try all the settings you can, but dont go much further than 8882822

BTW, always take FSB over ram timings. RAM Timings only really affect the ALU part of your memory. The FPU is affected by FSB. FPU is more important for games, 3d applications etc etc

If you really want to push your ram, up the voltage to it. I have mine at 2.9v. 2.9volts is very high but I will be getting heatspreaders soon and ram is so cheap that if it breaks I can replace it cheaply.

Well i do have Muskin and I do have heat spreders, so what are these timings, and your saying always run a higher FSB at say fast settings then 10 mhz lower at turbo settings.

I still need to know what there are called in BIOS

Back