• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prime95- serious error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whozyodaddy

I left Prime95 running all night with a torture test. When I woke up, about 12 hours later, I turn on the monitor to find windows log-in screen, and I was not logged in. So the computer must have restarted. When I log in, windows gives me this error report "The system has recovered from a serious error." and send error report or don't send. I have my 640 overclocked to 3.8ghz (240x16), RAM at 400mhz 3:5 ratio. Can anybody explain to me why this happened??

maybe because you were overclocking? try stock, it probably won't happen.

also, try increasing the voltage to the CPU.

there are many reasons that are possible.

i am thinking you didnt have enough voltage to the ram or cpu... that causes restart problems sometimes.. your powersupply is awesome do i dont think this is the problem

I'm at 4ghz (250x16), i raised the vcore to 1.48 although it seems to stay in the 1.5-1.55 area. My memory is at DDR2-835. I havn't touched the memory vcore, it's still on auto. I ran PRIME95 with this overclock and the same thing happened when I woke up. Should I try raising the cpu vcore some more, or raising the memory voltage? I'm unfamiliar with memory voltages, I don't know what my current mem voltage is... is there anywhere in cpu-z that will tell me?

BTW, my temps are fine, with this OC I'm at 34C right now. It gets 38C load.

That means you got the dreaded BSOD-reboot. :eh?:

I know that's possible, if real unstable, but Prime95 is intelligent enough for it to almost always error gracefully, which means that Prime95 can detect of what's coming and thus is able to report a problem without Windows intercepting the error report, thus, you usually just get an error message from Prime95, not an error message from Windows, unlike Sandra, when unstable often causes a BSOD, because Sandra usually can't error gracefully!!!

You can tell windows not to reboot on bsod errors but to just hang and let the user reboot later. I can't remember where the option is though, maybe somewhere in the event viewer?

Back