• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time for an upgrade!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kamita

Registered
Hi, I've decided it's time to start thinking about the upgrade, and I'll be taking a step up from my SY-K7V DRAGON Plus! "http://www.soyogroup.com/products/proddesc.php?id=37"
I've had this on my pc for about four years, and haven't really had to worry about much (hassle free) but now it's time for me to think about the future. I can't put any good video cards in here because it has One Universal AGP Pro slot (supports 1x/2x/4x modes), I'm looking to go up to at least 8x because I mostly want my computer to perform well for gaming, although I use it for everything. I'm willing to think about a processor upgrade (currently running an unclocked AMD Athlon 1.25 ghz) along with the video card upgrade over the next 3-6 months. I'm willing to go from around $125-200 for the mobo and I would love suggestions for all price ranges and for the video card and processor package. Super Sweet, thanks in advance! :clap:

Newegg.com offers a sempron 2900+ Mobo combo for $129, I like ATI cards but NVidia is buying USA. try an ATI 9800 Pro, it's a good mid range card, get a good power supply too, no point in good hardware if it's unstable from a crappy PS, try Antec, Enermax ect. New egg also sells a Antec case and 350W quiet power supply for $69. Another alternative is to shell out more money and get an Athlon 64. it's the best at playing games.

Back